News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP1 Connected but not Registered

Started by tazdevil, April 28, 2014, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazdevil

I am doing this for my friends.

Because GV+OBi100 will stop working mid May I am trying to use OBi100 as a regular VoIP ATA.

Deleted GV from SP1.  Signed up a CallCentric account and tried to set up SP1 with it.  The status of SP1 shows "Connected" instead of "Registered".  CallCentric dashboard does not show registration.

My goal is to register SP1 with SipSorcery and then use GV+CallCentric+SipSorcery <=> OBi100 to make US domestic calls.

SP2 is properly registered with Voip.ms

BTW, I have done GV+CallCentric+SipSorcery <=> OBi100 on SP1 before and all are fine.  That device has only SP1 registered with SipSorcery.  SP2 was left blank.

N7AS

Remember when going from GV to a SIP account to check...
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General >
SignalingProtocol:  SIP

You may have GoogleVoice selected.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

tazdevil

I do everything through OBiTALK:
Delete SP1 setting (GV) and then configure new SP1 (SIP).  Do I have to enter into "expert mode", I am no expert.

I've configered another OBi100 that way and there is no such issue.

N7AS

Yes you will have to enter Expert Configuration.  I don't configure my devices on the OBiTalk portal but directly on the device. If I can remember correctly, when changing settings you have to uncheck both boxes to the right of the value you are changing. Then save the settings. The device will rebot after a short time.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

tazdevil

Thanks for the reply.

The signaling protocal does not seem to be the issue.

I do all the configuration remotely through OBiTalk.  I am helping a friend remotely.

I can see the detailed settings through Expert mode and I can see the correct SIP signaling protocol

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General >
SignalingProtocol:  SIP

Maybe we need a reboot?  Will the device reboot by itself when I change SP1 remotely?  Or do I have to ask my friend to reboot physically?

N7AS

I think it will reboot. If not, have the oher person do it. I never use the OBiTalk portal to configure as I don't trust  the portal. I do everything locally.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

SteveInWA

To truly clean out the GV configuration and start over, with no doubt that you have leftover artifacts from GV causing problems, you can simply reset the device.

Log onto Obitalk and delete the device off of your list of devices (otherwise, Obitalk may try to overwrite the confguration).

Look for the little reset hole in the back of the box.  With the power on, insert tip of a paper-clip and press for 10 seconds.   The power LED will blink and the unit will reboot.

Now, add the device back onto the Obitalk portal, as if you just purchased it.  Then, configure it for Callcentric.  You don't need to use Expert configuration for this, unless you want to modify any advanced settings.  Yes, the portal will remotely reboot the device any time it needs to do so to effect a change.  It may take a minute for the remote reboot to be initiated.

tazdevil

Thanks.  I will ask the user to do that when she has time.