News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem With Callcentric Voicemail

Started by conlifj@gmail.com, April 30, 2011, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conlifj@gmail.com

I also have callcentric as service provider 2 on my OBI110, but unable to get voicemail, when someone calls my callcentric number instead of going to voicemail a recording ask for remote access code, any help would be appreciated. Device is registered, I can make and receive calls no problem, but no one can leave me a voice mail when they call my callcentric number. Thanks again in advance. 

RonR

It's unlikely this is related to your OBi.

Many VoIP providers don't have voicemail enabled by default.  Have you logged into your CallCentric account and checked your voicemail settings there?  CallCentric technical support is probably your best resource for answers on this.

From CallCentric's FAQ:

=====
How do I set up my voice mail account?

*Please make sure that you have already added voicemail to your Callcentric account. Voicemail is free and can be added or removed at any time you wish.

Once you have ordered voice mail you can dial *123 from your Callcentric phone and you will hear a welcome prompt, follow the prompts to configure your voice mailbox.
=====

In order to be able to dial *123 from your OBi's SP2 Service, you will need to modify your ITSPB DigitMap:

(*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

SteveInWA

As usual, RonR has the most likely answer--good work!

As per the FAQ that Ron quoted, Callcentric treats voicemail as an optional "product" that you can "buy" for $0, since some people don't need it.  By default, new accounts don't come with VM; you have to add it to your shopping cart.

After you add it, you can customize its behavior on the voicemail tab of your Callcentric dashboard.  See my screenshots below.

Unless you've done something odd with your OBi configuration to route the inbound calls, the behavior you are seeing should have nothing to do with the OBi.

conlifj@gmail.com

I have voicemail serviced activated with callcentric, been using callcentric for almost 7 years so I am pretty familiar with how it works, prior to using OBI110 I was using a Linlsys SPA3102 adapter to run my phone service and it worked fine, I just reconnected it and tried and I went to voicemail when no one picked up, so somewhere there is a glitch, I placed a trouble ticket with callcentric and is awaiting there response to this dilemma.

conlifj@gmail.com

Got the problem fixed on my own, had to reduce the time from 35 seconds to 20 seconds for calls to go to voice mail on my callcentric account, so that my built in answering service does not pick up even when it is in the off mode.

GPz1100

@RonR

Does your solution from April 30, 2011, 12:38:30 pm still work with current obi200/202 firmwares?

Adding just *123| to the itsp digit dialing map causes the obi to speed dial entry #3.

Both obi's have firmware 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX).

I eventually did get it resolved but it involved the following.

Phone port digitmap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911S0|933S0|*123S0|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Outboundcallroute (also under phone port)
{(911|933):sp3},{*123:sp3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Using default ITSP (C) digit map (no changes here)
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

*NOTE*  Removing *123S0 from the phone port digit map also causes it to speed dial entry #3.  Both have to be present for it to dial correctly.  I suppose as with most things obi related, there's 10 different ways to achieve the same/similar result. End goal is to just get callcentric voice mail when dialing *123.

Thanks

drgeoff

@GPz1100

It is 6 years since RonR's last post on this forum.

Adding anything to an ITSP digit map will still not get it through the phone port digit map unless the phone port digit map references that ITSP digit map either directly or as the primary line.  Your phone port digit map had no call to the sp3 digit map except when the **3 prefix is dialled.

GPz1100

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out :).   I'll contact him elsewhere.

As for the issue/solution, I couldn't find any more recent posts about this so assumed the solution was still working.  After much trial/error, came up with what I posted above.

drgeoff

GPz1100

Quote from: drgeoff on April 13, 2018, 03:00:42 PM

Adding anything to an ITSP digit map will still not get it through the phone port digit map unless the phone port digit map references that ITSP digit map either directly or as the primary line.  Your phone port digit map had no call to the sp3 digit map.

Got it.  The additions above do work but is there a more preferred way of implementing this?  My digitmap logic is failing today.

azrobert

Quote from: GPz1100 on April 13, 2018, 03:39:03 PM
My digitmap logic is failing today.

Are you saying *123S0 in the Phone DigitMap is failing?

The default config has star code 12 defined. When *123 was defined in the SP3 digit map *12 was treated as a star code and 3 a speed dial. The only way IMHO *123 will fail when define in the phone digit map is if you pause after dialing the 2. Try deleting or changing star code 12 to a different number.

GPz1100

Azrobert thanks for clarifying.

I changed the default *12 code to *1212 then added *123| as in the 2nd post to the sp3 itsp/general/digitmap field.  Removed *123 references I made above from the phoneport digitmap and outboundcallroute fields.  No go.  Just get a fast busy signal. 

Resulting phone port digitmaps look like this:

digitmap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911S0|933S0|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Outboundcallroute
{(911|933):sp3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Added *123S0 to the phoneport digitmap (not outbound route), still fast busy.

Assuming *123| is added to the itsp digitmap, what should the phoneport's digitmap and outboundcall route look like?

azrobert

It should look exactly like your 1st post. You don't need *123 in the SP3 digit map.

OR

Remove all references to *123 and then define the following Star Code:
*123(<sp3(*123)>), Voicemail, call($Code)

GPz1100

That's a unique approach.  I'll experiment with that tomorrow.  If anything it'll unclutter the digit maps some.

For defined star codes, does obi process those immediately or after a delay?

Also, is there a reason you used $code?  Could it be written as:

*123, Voicemail, call(<sp3(*123)>)

azrobert

You "should" be able to define it like the following, but there was a bug and it didn't work. I haven't tried this format for very long time, so maybe it has been fixed. You can try it and let us know if it works.
*123, Voicemail, call(sp3(*123))

You can add a digit map to a star code. This allows you to dial additional digits after the star code and those digits will populate &code. Here is an example:
*99(xxx), Test, call($Code)

When you dial *99555 $code will contain 555 and then call(555)

*123(<sp3(*123)>), Voicemail, call($Code)
The digitmap (<sp3(*123)>) isn't checking for any additional digits, but adds sp3(*123) to $code.
The call will be transformed to call(sp3(*123))
This is exactly the call that did not work, but works using the digitmap.

azrobert

I tested again and it still fails. If you try it, look at the Phone Port settings.
The LastDialedNumber is: sp3(*123
The closing parenthesis is missing. When I was previously testing I tried several different formats like an extra parenthesis or inserting blanks. The only one I could get to work was the digit map.