News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switching to Anveo.com's Obitalk Basic (Obi110)

Started by refrosted, April 26, 2014, 07:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

refrosted

Switching from Google Voice to Anveo.com's Obitalk Basic Voip Service on Obihai's Obi110 ATA :  (My Anveo referral code:  7995909) ...

To: customer.support@anveo.com

Thanks for setting me straight.

After a few hours making the change today on my Obi110, the thing I am referring to is the number of  somewhat peripheral places within your web app/interface where your programmers had to do a conditional: If ("Plan  =Obitalk") then display the "not available with this subscription" msg and then route to the Error or not available -- >Return  msg/link.   Count them. There are a fair number of places.

Those  un-announced surprises are not confidence builders.

It makes the otherwise  useful web app look quite hacked and choppy.     Some improvement might be to just not let the user SEE the links/features that are crippled. And,  to be transparent up front with what is Anveo's  strong, effective core Voip Services and what's (purposely) not included  because most people coming from GV on Obi don't need those things.  

Just a few thoughts.  Pass them  along to your boss(es).

And, Yes, programming is hard. And apparently the Anveo web app is  flexible enough to accommodate the many adaptations. So that's to the app's developers' credits.  

I'm looking forward to the many pluses  in Anveo's Obitalk Special Packages offerings.

All the best,

Ralph Frost
http://frostscientific.com  - Change Paradigms Today.
(My Anveo referral code:  7995909)

---------------------------------
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Anveo Support <customer.support@anveo.com> wrote:
Hello,

1 and 2. You are correct, you've signed up for OBITALK special package which is for OBI devices only and it comes with auto-provisioning. You can re-provision your device for anveo by deleting Anveo configuration from SPx and then selecting Anveo again and when on Anveo portal click 're-provision my device' link.
3. Anveo has a lot more features. But we never advertized those features as part of the OBITALK special package. Except for Caller ID Name which is part of the 'Just Right' package https://www.anveo.com/anveoforobitalk.asp

You can see packages details at the landing page https://www.anveo.com/anveoforobitalk.asp

Regards,
Anveo Support

Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:53 PM
To: Customer Support
Subject: Re: Where or what is my SIP password?

Hi,

What you write is not what occurs.    The password is NOT visible.

It's perhaps starting to be irritating, but it seems your Anveo-Obitalk special offer ($3.33/mo for many wonderful features...) :

1. Hides/excludes access to the SIP password. (Can/ Must re-provision only via the Obitalk Portal.)

2. Lack of access to SIP pswd excludes/blocks  also using a softphone  with the account. (As far as I can tell, yet.)

3. Has several features  which are "Not Available with the Subscription" (SMS->email /  ->SIP, and CID appearing to cost $0.009/lookup...etc.)

ALL of which one finds out about AFTER sign-up, and seemingly in contradiction to descriptions saying "All plans includes ~all these features and more..."

The Obitalk plan may still be a great deal, but you've created disappointments when, with a slight listing of what's shaved off ahead of time,  users could have clearer expectations and/or just opt for the ~standard offering.  

Could  you please summarize or contrast what IS and IS NOT included  in your ~standard residential offering  versus the Anveo-Basic and BasicPlus Obitalk plans?

Thank you.

Ralph Frost

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Customer Support <customer.support@anveo.com> wrote:
Please follow to Account preference: https://www.anveo.com/accountPreferences.asp
After go to "SIP device registration"

Regards

Anveo Customer Support
On 26.04.2014 18:10, Ralph Frost wrote:
Hi,

I opened a new "$3.33/month Obitalk" account today, and I am trying to get Anveo set up on my Obi110.

Anveo is  not registering and I understand that I should be entering my SIP password and not my account password.

But where or what is my SIP password?

(I assume my SIP Username is my acct#: 1955xxxxxxx)

Also, I'm located in mid-north Indiana. Should I connect to Dallas or Montreal, or is there a way to test?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Ralph Frost

AlanB

Most of what you mention is already discussed in this forum.   Look in the North American section.

ipse

What kind of irritated me is to find out that recommending this Obitalk package to a buddy of mine, I didn't qualify for a referral bonus. Not that it's yielding mega-bucks, but the idea of not rewarding a referral bothers me.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain