News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Seeking suggestion for new VOIP provider

Started by Albo23, April 30, 2014, 09:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albo23

I gave an Obi100 to some family overseas and it is setup with GV.  As GV is ending for Obi, I need help finding a new VOIP provider. 

Can I get some suggestions of which VOIP providers have the lowest rates to USA (they only call to USA) and would work with Obi100?  A provider with stability and longevity would be nice as well.

Thank you kindly for your suggestions.

AlanB

This forum has VOIP topics for different regions of the world.  I suggest that you search for this information in the appropriate region, and if you need more info, post the question there.

drgeoff

Just because the OBi100 is not in the US does not preclude using a US based ITSP.

AlanB

Good point. Many of them do offer foreign "local" numbers.  Plus if it's only for outgoing calls then a local number doesn't really matter. 

zorlac

"Alternatively Localphone offers $0.99 a month incoming DID"

I perused the LP site for a bit but I couldn't find anything on porting a # from another carrier, would you happen to know if they port #'s?

zorlac

"I wouldn't recommend porting a GVoice#, I love Google Voice"

Agreed, I do too.

The port would be for my Parent's # they've had for the last 47yrs or so, a new DID # doesn't appeal to them.
If they drop Verizon & the ITSP doesn't work out well (or at least as well as GV has for me) I'll be wearing some serious egg.  :P