News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower on SP2 on Obi110

Started by MikePA, April 26, 2014, 06:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikePA

I have Obi Anveo on SP1 and it's working fine.

Decided to try PhonePower and went through the same process to sign up for Obi Phonepower.

No matter what I do, it still reports as Obi PhonePower Service Not Configured

Any ideas?

Thanks!

MikePA

I deleted my 110, added back in, made PhonePower SP1 - works fine.

Anveo works fine on SP2.

Interesting.

voip_newbie

The same thing happened to me when I first signed up for phonepower. I had to delete and re-provisioned it for SP2. But after a few days....outbound calling dies with "no configured service" errors. Rebooting the Obhi or deleting and re-provisioning phonepower resolves the issue, but only temporarily.

I just set my Obhi to use an internal static IP, so we'll see if that makes any difference.

smile6617

I have PhonePower configured for SP1 and same thing happened. I get service not configured. Now I added the port ranges and setup the DMZ for the OBI location. Hopefully that will make a difference.

MikePA

The problem I'm seeing appears to be different.

My 110 drops off the network. It just happened again.  >:(

My 110 has always been plugged into my Netgear 6300 WiFi router and worked fine with GV.

These are the things I've tried.

1. Changed Ethernet cable.
2. Disabled SIP ALG on the R6300.
3. Changed the 110 from using DHCP to use a static address.

I just tried the following, which I doubt will make any difference.

4. Plugged into a switch instead of directly into the R6300.

I can't imagine why switching from GV to SIP providers would cause the 110 to drop off the network after a few hours of working fine. I power cycle it and it works fine for a few more hours, then drops off the network again.

The only next step I can think of is to replace the 110.

smile6617

My Obi100 dropped out again this morning. I have had Aveno setup as the 911 provider on the SP2 line. I just deleted it. Now it seems to be working. Maybe it can only handle one sip provider at a time?

Taoman

Quote from: smile6617 on April 27, 2014, 05:22:45 AM
My Obi100 dropped out again this morning. I have had Aveno setup as the 911 provider on the SP2 line. I just deleted it. Now it seems to be working. Maybe it can only handle one sip provider at a time?
If you deleted SP2 I assume that would cause a reboot of your Obi. And didn't you say when you rebooted your Obi it would begin working again?
Obihai ATAs can handle multiple SIP providers simultaneously.

MikePA

1. Changed Ethernet cable.
2. Disabled SIP ALG on the R6300.
3. Changed the 110 from using DHCP to use a static address.
4. Plugged into a switch instead of directly into the R6300.

The 110 just went offline.

Sigh. Time to find another solution.

cluckercreek

Have you tried a hard reset to factory defaults by using the hole on the bottom of the unit?

smile6617

Obi100 dropped out again. It seems like it can communicate to the OBI servers just fine but not to phone power. I haven't had an issue when it was setup for GV. Now I created a problem ticket with both OBi and Power phone. See what could be happening in the background.

voip_newbie

Just an FYI....Google voice didn't use SIP, whereas Phonepower does. SIP apparently doesn't play nice when behind a router doing NAT. Do a web search on SIP behind NAT and you'll find plently of articles and discussions.

MikePA

Quote from: smile6617 on April 27, 2014, 05:52:14 PM
Obi100 dropped out again. It seems like it can communicate to the OBI servers just fine but not to phone power. I haven't had an issue when it was setup for GV. Now I created a problem ticket with both OBi and Power phone. See what could be happening in the background.

It's not just PhonePower. I deleted SP2, leaving only Anveo on SP1. The 110 disappears from the network, but, like you, ObiTalk can still see it. The Anveo web site shows it as Not Connected.

If SIP behind NAT is such a problem, how does any ATA ever work?

lowatts

Quote from: MikePA on April 28, 2014, 01:12:15 AM
Quote from: smile6617 on April 27, 2014, 05:52:14 PM

It's not just PhonePower. I deleted SP2, leaving only Anveo on SP1. The 110 disappears from the network, but, like you, ObiTalk can still see it. The Anveo web site shows it as Not Connected.

If SIP behind NAT is such a problem, how does any ATA ever work?
I think some instructions say to connect the VOIP device before the home router, not after it.  My OBi 202 has a LAN port for this purpose, so that the Internet connection from the cable modem can plug into the 202's Internet port, and the extra LAN port is used to connect to your home router.  This way none of the VOIP traffic passes through your home router and its firewall/filtering.  This does limit you to placing the VOIP device near your cable modem and home router unless you run long Ethernet cables to connect them.

c3c3

What does "drop off the network" mean?  No response to ping?  If ping does not work (in no particular order):

1. bad router port
2. bad Obi
3. IP address conflict.

MikePA

Quote from: c3c3 on April 29, 2014, 01:46:13 AM
What does "drop off the network" mean?  No response to ping?  If ping does not work (in no particular order):

1. bad router port
2. bad Obi
3. IP address conflict.
When the 110 is working, it appears as Obi110 in the list of wired devices on the router admin screen. When it stops working, Anveo status goes to 'Not Connected', it disappears from the router admin screen, sometimes it disappears completely, sometimes the IP address appears, but the Obi110 name is gone. I can no longer reach the IP address with a browser.

My DHCP address range starts at .20 and I've assigned the 110 the .8 address and I've also switched cables and router ports.

c3c3

Sounds like the Obi needs to be replaced.  I bought an extra Obi100 when it was on sale for $25.  I also put it on a wire mesh stand for better ventilation.

MikePA

Quote from: c3c3 on April 29, 2014, 08:52:30 AM
Sounds like the Obi needs to be replaced.  I bought an extra Obi100 when it was on sale for $25.  I also put it on a wire mesh stand for better ventilation.

That's what I was thinking, too, since almost everything was ruled out. This is my second 110 in the past 3 or so years. :( Perhaps I will get a 202 this time.

MikePA

Quote from: MikePA on April 29, 2014, 09:35:45 AM

Perhaps I will get a 202 this time.

Got a 202, put Anveo on SP2 and Phonepower on SP1 and all has been working fine.