News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo - Repeating Incoming Calls That Hang Up

Started by LorenzoA, May 02, 2014, 12:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LorenzoA

I just switched from GV to Anveo $39.99/year service, yesterday 2014-05-01. At 0007hrs 2014-05-02 (that's midnight for me), my phone rings. I answer it, no one at other end, then hangs up after 30 seconds. Then another call after 20 minutes, same situation. this repeats every 20 minutes. I turned off the ringer so I can sleep.  At aprox 0930 hrs, I look up my account and find out the calls have coming from the same number 1 202 455 8888. I called this number and get a message "cannot complete call". Called it multiple times, same result. Then I called it from my PC from my Anveo acct page; it rings my phone and announces "Anveo calling". I answer it, no voice from other end, then hangs up after 30 seconds. I submitted a support ticket to both Anveo and OBI. No response yet. I called OBI phone number but no live person answers. the phone calls are still coming in. Anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this? Cant seem to get a hold of Anveo to potentially cancel the service and get my money back. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Frustrated Anveo customer.

Terry

I've been having calls like that, but the caller ID (on my phone) shows up as 100 or 2001 or something else odd. Those turn out to be SIP spam, that is, hackers trying to find a device they can connect to with that number and use for their own nefarious purposes. Your device is immune from that threat, but having those calls come in is pretty annoying.

If yours is the same SIP spam, there are other places on the forum that detail what to do about it.

LorenzoA

thank you, Terry. Yes, caller id on my phone shows it as 100. have yours stopped? never happened when my sip1 was google voice.

AlanB

Add 100 to your block list.  I had one from 1111 and added to my block list and haven't had a problem since.

Also, a call flow IVR can help as well.

LorenzoA

AlanB, thank you for your recommendations. I appreciate that they are specific that I can implement them.

AnveoRep

These calls are NOT from Anveo network and they are made by SIP Scanners trying to locate and exploit SIP devices like OBI. http://www.google.com/search?q=obi+sip+scanners&hl=en&gbv=2&oq=obi+sip+scanners

I know OBI has a configuration option to reject requests from servers that do not supply the correct Authorized User Name. I do not know how to access it from the advanced OBI options and maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to point you to the proper place in OBI device configuration

AlanB

Thanks ianiobi.

Lorenzoa. As the Anveo rep pointed out these are SIP scanners. GV used XMPP not SIP so that's why they weren't an issue for you before.

LorenzoA

a million thanks to everyone for all your helpful responses. I've learned to configure my obi to prevent such calls, thanks to the obi support team for the detailed instructions. I list them here for easy reference:
1. login to obitalk
2. click your obi device
3. click "obi expert configuration"
4. Under "X_InboundCallRoute" ->Voice Service->SP1 Service, uncheck Obitalk settings and Device Default
5. Set the value to {(100|101|102):}.{ph} to prevent calls from 100, 101, 102
6. Click submit

I suppose one will have to modify the value to include additional sip scanner callers. So this could be an ongoing maintenance issue which was unnecessary with google voice. I'm wondering why service providers such as Anveo cannot be unsusceptible to sip scanners like google voice?

In any case, I'm thankful there's solution to my obi/anveo problems. Hopefully the maintenance will not be to burdensome for a "technology illiterate" like me so I don't have to search for alternative phone provider.

Again thanks to all.

c3c3

It looks like that probably the most commonly used "Oleg method" cannot be used for Anveo Obitalk plans because the SIP ID is hidden.  Correct?

Shale

Quote from: c3c3 on May 05, 2014, 02:09:06 PM
It looks like that probably the most commonly used "Oleg method" cannot be used for Anveo Obitalk plans because the SIP ID is hidden.  Correct?
Not hidden. Your ID is in your OBi, and it is on Anveo as "Username" on the My Account>Dashboard when you click "How to connect".

I fact, if you had had recently had ObiTalk set up the Anveo account by telling it it was Anveo, it would have implemented the Oleg method for you.

c3c3

Quote from: Shale on May 05, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
Quote from: c3c3 on May 05, 2014, 02:09:06 PM
Not hidden. Your ID is in your OBi, and it is on Anveo as "Username" on the My Account>Dashboard when you click "How to connect".

I fact, if you had had recently had ObiTalk set up the Anveo account by telling it it was Anveo, it would have implemented the Oleg method for you.

The SIP credentials are hidden both on the Anveo Dashboard and in the Obi for the Anveo Obitalk plans.  I did see the Oleg method when I had the standard Anveo account, but not after I signed up for the Obitalk plan.

AnveoRep

SIP Username is your Anveo account number.

Shale

Quote from: c3c3 on May 05, 2014, 07:25:50 PM
The SIP credentials are hidden both on the Anveo Dashboard and in the Obi for the Anveo Obitalk plans.  I did see the Oleg method when I had the standard Anveo account, but not after I signed up for the Obitalk plan.

Ahh... I had presumed that your Anveo Dashboard would have the same info as mine.

I wish this forum allowed uploading images rather than just accepting URLs for images. I wonder what your Anveo Dashboard looks like.

Anyway, you still have your account number from the setup emails. Also it is available to you from your OBi Dashboard after you click SP1 or SP2 or SP3 or SP4 -- whichever is Anveo for you. Then see the "Anveo SIP Username" value. It is a 10-digit number, at least for me.

c3c3

Quote from: AnveoRep on May 06, 2014, 06:01:29 AM
SIP Username is your Anveo account number.
Thanks.  Then auto provisioning could/should have used the Oleg method by default, even for the Obitalk plans.

c3c3

Quote from: Shale on May 06, 2014, 06:11:48 AM
Anyway, you still have your account number from the setup emails. Also it is available to you from your OBi Dashboard after you click SP1 or SP2 or SP3 or SP4 -- whichever is Anveo for you. Then see the "Anveo SIP Username" value. It is a 10-digit number, at least for me.
Yes, the account number is readily available.  I didn't know that's the SIP Username.  On the Obi Dashboard, it is hidden, even in the Expert Configuration.

roonford

Quote from: LorenzoA on May 05, 2014, 11:04:00 AM
a million thanks to everyone for all your helpful responses. I've learned to configure my obi to prevent such calls, thanks to the obi support team for the detailed instructions. I list them here for easy reference:
1. login to obitalk
2. click your obi device
3. click "obi expert configuration"
4. Under "X_InboundCallRoute" ->Voice Service->SP1 Service, uncheck Obitalk settings and Device Default
5. Set the value to {(100|101|102):}.{ph} to prevent calls from 100, 101, 102

Thanks for this.  I just got setup on FPL and right away started getting the 100 calls.  I just have a noob question:  What specifically do I enter in the inbound call route box?  Should it look like this:  (100|101|102):

Or should it look exactly like this:  {(100|101|102):}.{ph}

I wasn't sure if it's just the stuff inside the brackets or the whole thing.  Thx.

drgeoff

The one that includes the 'ph'.  (Or ph2 if appropriate.)

drgeoff

Quote from: drgeoff on May 01, 2015, 01:35:50 AM
The one that includes the 'ph'.  (Or ph2 if appropriate.) But you have not got it quite right. Should be a comma not a period,  as in

{(909090|100|1001|1101):},{ph}