News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will my ported GV number work the same way??!

Started by wilberfan, May 02, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanB

Quote from: wilberfan on May 07, 2014, 10:19:00 PM
Is there a way--now that XXX-XXX-2212 is registered with Anveo, to have my cell-phone ring (as well as my OBi phone) when someone calls that number?  Or (ideally) get that number BACK to Google Voice?

I already made a suggestion earlier in this post.  Did you try it?

I decided to try it myself.  It took only a couple of minutes to set up and appears to work fine.

Edit your call flow to include the "TRANSFER" block. You can place it right after "Goodies" if you want to keep the FAX detections.  Edit the Transfer block and "Add Ring Destination", then "Phone Number", your cell phone, now add another ring destination, then SIP Device, and select the SIP device "for this account".   You can even control when a phone rings.  For example, you could delay one of the rings by a few seconds.  Need to add a third number, no problem.

Now save and validate your call flow.  Then go to Phone Numbers, Manage Phone Numbers, edit your number, go to Call Options, and then assign your new Call Flow.

If you have problems creating the call flow, I'll be glad to attach a template to get you started.

c3c3

Obi, mobile, and voicemail.

AlanB

c3c3. Thanks for adding some screen shots to my description.