News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't hear incoming calls on new Anveo setup

Started by wilberfan, May 02, 2014, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilberfan

Just switched over to Anveo from Google Voice.  I've got what looks like a clean "registered", and the phone will ring on an incoming call--but I can't hear the caller when I answer the phone.

Are there any settings, etc, I should be paying attention to?  It looks like everything was propagated by Obi/Anveo when I did the sign-up.

I have a solid green power light, and I'm able to hear the OBi voice status messages (ie, * * * 1).

I also (mistakenly) ported my Google Voice number to Anveo--but after 5 hours it hasn't 'arrived' yet.

AlanB

See this post.  It was posted about PowerPhone, but the problem sounds similar and the solution was a router setting change.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7700.0

wilberfan

Quote from: AlanB on May 03, 2014, 06:37:31 AM
See this post.  It was posted about PowerPhone, but the problem sounds similar and the solution was a router setting change.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7700.0

I'll try those, thanks.   Another piece of the puzzle:  When I call the Anveo number, my voice echoes back to me on the CALLING phone (with about a 1-second delay), while not being able to hear anything on the CALLED phone.  I can hear conversation into the CALLED phone on the calling phone...  So, the callers should be able to hear me, but I can't hear the callers.

I'm using a Buffalo Router, with DD-WRT running on it.  I have ports 5060 and 5010 (UDP) forwarded.  (I'm hearing lot's of contradictory information about port-forwarding, though.  More than one dude has said they've NEVER needed to do this...)

[edit] Neither turning off the QoS, nor the Option 27 method seems to have made any difference.

wilberfan

Anveo customer support had me try a "* 9 1" test--which resulted in nothing that I was able to hear.   I *DID* get a "porting completed" e-mail this morning, and, in fact, the phone now rings with my ported Google Voice number--I just can't hear the caller.

Interesting:  The phone number that Anveo assigned me ( - 9021 ) rings the phone--as well as my ported Google Voice number (-2212).     Should that be happening...?

The Anveo account I'm using now was originally created when they were handling my 911 calls--could there be residual settings deep in OBi110 that might affect things?   It was on SP2--but SP2 is no longer active, and my Anveo dashboard shows my "BASIC" coverage plan...

AlanB

A factory reset of your Obi may be worth trying.

wilberfan

Quote from: AlanB on May 03, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

Yes, I may try that.  A reprovisioning did not help.

wilberfan

Quote from: wilberfan on May 03, 2014, 07:56:47 PM
Quote from: AlanB on May 03, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

Yes, I may try that.  A reprovisioning did not help.

Well, still no love after a factory reset *and* re-provisioning...   :'(

AlanB

It may be worthwhile testing another VOIP. You could set up a free account with CircleNet to test outgoing calls, and a free DID with Callcentric for incoming calls. I know your number is with Anveo but if these options don't work then you know the issue is NOT Anveo. If they do work then it may help you get more support from Anveo on this matter.   Sounds like a pain but you should be able to test both in 30 minutes or less if no problems.

wilberfan

For those of you keeping score, I got things working by....wait for it....doing a factory reset (again) and a third reprovision.  (This after spending literally all afternoon with Anveo support.  We determined that a softphone worked with Anveo credentials, so something had to be wrong with the OBi settings.)

Now, I'm desperate to get my Google Number ported BACK to Google Voice (which I'm beginning to think might not be possible).