News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie...URI not recognized 403 error

Started by Diane, May 10, 2014, 03:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

Very Non Tech minded needs assistance setting up Obi100 w/Vestalink.  

Can't call out on my landline to local number with or without area code.  Recorded message says (3 beeps) then "(Number I dialed) was rejected by the service provider." Reason is 4 zero 3."

This is what I see on the ObiTalk Dashboard:
SP1   OBiPhonePower    Register Failed 403 From:  URI not recognized. (*I don't want PhonePower as a provider.  Anyway I can remove it and replace with Vestalink as SP1?)
SP2   Vestalink acct: Registered

Device Configuration Page (ObiTalk)  Home   Updated Successfully

The Obi device lights display:
Light #1: Solid Green
Light #2: Intermittent Green
Light #3: Off until hand receiver is taken off the hook and dial tone is heard then it is flashing green.

I know I  signed up on Vestalink yesterday because a phone # was issued and I tested it by calling my new Vestalink phone number on my landline from my cell and vice versa.  The only problem I had was a profound echo.  Today, when I try to call out I get the error message, and when I try to call it from my cell, it says that "(my new phone number) is not available."

Am I supposed to download any apps?

Have no idea what to do at this point.  Vestalink customer service is not available until Mon.
I would really like to get this resolved before then.

In the meantime, if I temporarily unplug the Obi from the phone and use my old service provider, will I have to set up the Obi all over again when I plug it back in?

AlanB

It sounds like Vestalink may not be you default.

I Justus's you Delete SP1. Log in to ObiTalk and then your Obi and click on the trash can by SP1. Verify that SP2 is showing as default for outgoing calls.

Diane

YES!  Deleting (trash can) the SP1 worked like a charm.  Thank you!!!

One last request for ideas...

I have an at&t landline corded answering system.  When a voice message is delivered on the voice mail w/the Obi100 and Vestalink service, it reverberates so much I can hardly make out the message which was not the case with my former phone service provider (Comcast).  Any suggestions?  I've looked on the forum to see if it's already been posted and solved by anyone, but unable to locate anything.

Not sure if this matters, but have an RF filter on the line too.