News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple DIDs, Multiple OBI, same provider with only 1 login

Started by minhphan86, May 05, 2014, 11:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minhphan86

I'm moving away from GVoice before it's dead.  :'( I have some credit and DIDs from Flowroute and would like to use it if it's possible.
One issue I'm facing is Flowroute uses the same SIP registration for all DIDs and to statically route the incoming call to a DID to the right OBI, I'll need static IP address which I don't.

When a call is coming in, FR send the call to all active SIP registration. The only way out is to instruct the OBI to only accept the call from 1 DID. Something likes this:
Location A - DID A - OBI A -> Only accept incoming calls to DID A, reject all others
Location B - DID B - OBI B -> Only accept incoming calls to DID B, reject all others

I did some research but it seems like this isn't a common issue that people have. Please kindly help! Thanks!

giqcass

Welcome to the forum!

Quote from: minhphan86 on May 05, 2014, 11:39:05 AM
When a call is coming in, FR send the call to all active SIP registration. The only way out is to instruct the OBI to only accept the call from 1 DID. Something likes this:
Location A - DID A - OBI A -> Only accept incoming calls to DID A, reject all others
Location B - DID B - OBI B -> Only accept incoming calls to DID B, reject all others
I don't believe that can be done on the Obi.

One issue I'm facing is Flowroute uses the same SIP registration for all DIDs and to statically route the incoming call to a DID to the right OBI, I'll need static IP address which I don't.
Why do you need a static IP?  If the Obi is registered then it would go to the registered devices.

If they let you forward a number to a SUP URI we can work with that.  They Obi can filter by user name.
Long live our new ObiLords!

minhphan86

Quote from: giqcass on May 05, 2014, 02:07:18 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I don't believe that can be done on the Obi.

Why do you need a static IP?  If the Obi is registered then it would go to the registered devices.

If they let you forward a number to a SUP URI we can work with that.  They Obi can filter by user name.

Thank you so much for your reply!

From FlowRoute site, I have 2 options for Inbound Routes:
--- Host - Routes directly to a host. Type in your host[:port]. If no port is specified, our servers will try to use DNS SRV records. Example: biloxi.com or 123.1.1.321:5060
-> most likely unstable with the dynamic IPs. I'm worry when the modem reboots and the new IP address is assigned. The incoming call will still be routed to the previous IP address.

--- SIP URI - An advanced method which routes to a SIP or SIPS URI. Type your URI in this fashion: protocol:user@domain[:port][;transport=<tcp/udp>]. Example: sip:alice@atlanta.com or sip:bob@8.4.3.13:7193;transport=tcp or sips:securecall@securedserver.com
-> still need a static IP for the host.

I'm thinking of using DynDNS or No-IP with the router that supports DynDNS to automatically update the IP address to the DNS service. I haven't tested this yet but I'm thinking it may not work well for couple of my sides (I have 3 OBI in the US and 2 more in a foreign country).

giqcass

No need to use dynamic DNS it will make thing more complicated.  No need for a static IP either.  Use someone elses sip service.  Find any free sip provider and forward the DIDs to those sip URI addresses.  I like Callcentric for this use case.

Create a Callcentric IPfreedom account.  You can create Sub accounts but I might just create one full account for each number to reduce congestion.  
Callcentric will assign a 1777 xxx xxxx number to you.  It is not a real number.  Your Sip Uri will be
SIP:1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com

Register the Obi devices to the Callcentric accounts.

How are you dealing with outbound traffic?  How do you make sure the correct CID shows up?
Long live our new ObiLords!