News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can one anveo account be setup on more than one Obihai box?

Started by joefly, May 05, 2014, 09:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joefly

One anveo account setup on multiple obi boxes?  for example,  one obi at work and another at home, both set up with one of the same anveo account ? 

It seems there would be no reason why not , but I did it once and the first obi anveo went offline after I setup another obi with same anveo account. I only did this once, so did not do it again to trouble shoot it.

Has someone else done this?

jesseasi

I would like to know too - I asked a similar question and got no response.  So here is a bump.

c3c3

No, especially not with the Obitalk plans which do not allow manual provisioning.

ianobi

Some voip providers allow multiple registrations on the same account, most do not. It is possible to link two OBi devices together in a "master/slave" relationship. The "master" has the SIP services configured on it, the "slave" receives incoming calls and makes outgoing calls via the "master" OBi. The two are linked by the OBiTALK network, which is free to use by any OBi device.

master OBi 200123456

Assumes that your SIP provider is on sp1.

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{>nnnnnnn:ph,pp(ob200654321)}

"nnnnnnn" is whatever appears in this value (Oleg method):
Voice Services > SP1 Service > SIP Credentials > AuthUserName

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{(200654321)>(xx.):sp1},{200654321:aa},{ph}

slave OBi 200654321

Look in:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute for this rule:
{(Mpli):pli}
Delete it and replace it with this rule:
{(<ob200123456*>(Mpli)):pp}

ph

If both OBi devices are in the same account, the OBiTALK portal will have put them in each others' Circle of Trust. If so, then delete any settings in both devices here:
Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute
and replace with the settings shown above.

EDIT: The slave OBi can be anywhere in the world, so careful thought needs to be given to 911 calls. If you wish the slave OBi to be able to dial 911 via the master OBI, then remove 911 from the slave OBi's Phone Port OutboundCallRoute and put it in its Primary Line DigitMap. If its Primary Line is SP1 Service, then 911 needs to go into Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap.

AnveoRep

c3c3 is correct. You can not setup one Anveo account on multiple OBI boxes.

jesseasi

Quote from: ianobi on May 06, 2014, 02:42:29 AM
Some voip providers allow multiple registrations on the same account, most do not. It is possible to link two OBi devices together in a "master/slave" relationship. The "master" has the SIP services configured on it, the "slave" receives incoming calls and makes outgoing calls via the "master" OBi. The two are linked by the OBiTALK network, which is free to use by any OBi device.

master OBi 200123456

slave OBi 200654321

Look in:

ph

If both OBi devices are in the same account, the OBiTALK portal will have put them in each others' Circle of Trust. If so, then delete any settings in both devices here:

This is great news.  However you are speaking a different language to me here.  How exactly does one go about setting up this master slave relationship via the obitalk portal?  Or is this something that needs to be done on the device?

Shale

Using the OBiTalk portal, you would need to use "Expert mode". The key is to un-tick one box on the right for the item that you want to change, and to then also un-tick the box just to the left of the one you just cleared. Then you make your changes. Click Submit at the bottom if you want your changes to take effect.

jesseasi

master OBi 200123456

slave OBi 200654321

Look in:

ph

I am not sure what is meant by ""nnnnnnn" is whatever appears in this value (Oleg method):"   

When I go to the configured ObiTalk (Master) Device - Voice Service - SP1 Service - X_InboundCall Route:  I get {ph1}.   

So where is this nnnnnnn value supposed to be?

ianobi

The nnnnnnn value is found here:

It's a method of stopping SIP scanners. However, to keep things simple you could ignore that for now and use:

{ph,pp(ob200654321)}

This rule means that any incoming calls on sp1 will ring the phone attached to the master OBi and forward the call to the slave OBi where it will ring its phone also. The first to answer will take the call.

jesseasi

slave OBi 200654321

Look in:

ph

Ok - onto the slave.   My slave unit has NO config saved on any of the ports - they are all "Not Configured"

If I got to the Slave - Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute for this rule:
My existing rule looks like this:  "{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}"

Seems much longer than what you have.  Do I replace all that with your "{(<ob200123456*>(Mpli)):pp}" 

ianobi

Leave all the rules as they are except the last rule, which is {(Mpli):pli}. Delete {(Mpli):pli} and replace with {(<ob200123456*>(Mpli)):pp}

Remember to replace 200123456 with the actual OBiTALK number of your master OBi. Also where I used 200654321 replace with the actual OBiTALK number of your slave OBi.

You will need to configure a "fake" SIP provider on sp1 of your slave OBi as follows:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : 1234
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : slaveOBi

sp1 will show up on your slave OBi Dashboard as "Registration Not Required".

Now when you dial from the slave OBi anything you dial should route via your master OBi sp1 service.

jesseasi

Quote from: ianobi on May 06, 2014, 11:53:49 AM
Leave all the rules as they are except the last rule, which is {(Mpli):pli}. Delete {(Mpli):pli} and replace with {(<ob200123456*>(Mpli)):pp}

Remember to replace 200123456 with the actual OBiTALK number of your master OBi. Also where I used 200654321 replace with the actual OBiTALK number of your slave OBi.

You will need to configure a "fake" SIP provider on sp1 of your slave OBi as follows:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : 1234
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : slaveOBi

sp1 will show up on your slave OBi Dashboard as "Registration Not Required".

Now when you dial from the slave OBi anything you dial should route via your master OBi sp1 service.

Added each of these line by line - my dashboard still shows up as "Not Configured" for SP1. 

ianobi

Please check that your changed settings are staying set and not being overwritten by the OBiTALK portal.

I need to sign off for today. I'll be back tomorrow.

joefly

Wow, I did not expect it to NOT BE able to register with more than one OBi.

Thanks for the idea of master/slave.  I would have to think about this to see if this is necessary for my situation.

related question.

Is there a price Anveo Package where SIP info is given and allowed to registered on more than one OBI?

Thanks

AlanB

Quote from: joefly on May 06, 2014, 01:25:33 PM
Is there a price Anveo Package where SIP info is given and allowed to registered on more than one OBI?

Thanks

The non ObiTalk plans

JJ97

Quote from: AnveoRep on May 06, 2014, 06:00:27 AM
c3c3 is correct. You can not setup one Anveo account on multiple OBI boxes.

I believe SIP user/password authentication/registration is required for receiving calls on the SIP OBi device.  If another SIP device (e.g. Android softphone) registers, then incoming calls will ring the last registered device.  Registration happens every 60 seconds, so the two SIP devices will go back and forth.  This is not good.

However, for outgoing calls only, we don't need to register every 60 seconds; and there is an option for this in OBi SPx and Android softphones.  I tried this successfully once for making outgoing calls.  Nevertheless, does Anveo allow any number of outgoing calls from the same or different SIP devices concurrently?  On the Free Starter plan?  They would just charge per minute on each of those calls -- Right?

AlanB

sailing

You can create sub-accounts. For each sub-account, you can have a different Obi connect. From within Anveo, you can determine how the phones ring. I believe you can also give each sub-account an extension number that can be used to call  between sub-accounts.

jesseasi

I would like to learn more about this master / slave configuration.  I have followed all the steps above - but my "slave" unit stills shows "not configured"

Do I need to manually reboot the unit?   

JJ97

Quote from: sailing on May 07, 2014, 04:04:46 AM
You can create sub-accounts. For each sub-account, you can have a different Obi connect. From within Anveo, you can determine how the phones ring. I believe you can also give each sub-account an extension number that can be used to call  between sub-accounts.

When creating a sub-account in the USA., Anveo says "E911 address in USA or Canada will be required to make outbound calls."  Does this mean I have to pay an additional E911 $0.80/month fee (besides my original account)?