News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Daily Reset no longer working

Started by TerriP, May 05, 2014, 01:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerriP

I upgraded to Phone Power, and updated the firmware a couple of weeks ago.  Every day since, OBI202 goes "offline".... I was unplugging / replugging which seemed to temporarily fix it... but had to do this daily.  Now, that doesn't even work.... it is always offline... and I can't seem to get it back online....  How do I determine where the problem is? 

Is it with OBI or with Firewall, or some other setting? Where do I begin?   Worked before... I upgraded... noticed it after I upgraded it... so I thought it was that I needed the firmware update.... obviously that did not fix the issue maybe made it worse? Not sure at this point.

giqcass

The best suggestion I have right now is a full reset of the Unit.  You should post what you status light are doing as well.
Long live our new ObiLords!

TerriP

Well had soooo much trouble setting getting this set up a couple of years ago, if I have to go thru that again, I may as well buy something more reliable.

Power light is blinking and the last green light to the right (2) is lit.  It is on wifi so that wifi dongle is lit blue.   I only use this for one phone line.   

giqcass

Check to see if the Obi has a valid IP address.
Find your Obi IP address.
On a phone connected to the Obi
Dial ***
Dial 1

Write down the IP address.
Long live our new ObiLords!

TerriP

"it is always offline" and the light is "blinking"  both of which indicate there is an issue getting the IP address.

Going back to my original question... is it the OBI device or the router?  I had this working before... but all of a sudden it is offline... and I cannot get it to go back on line... rebooted everything so far multiple times... still blinking green (i.e. no ip).