News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New digit map string

Started by ProfTech, May 03, 2011, 09:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

1.2.1 build 2103 has a new string in the default phone digit map [^*]@@.   What is this used for? When I included it my outbound route didn't work correctly. Removed it and the unit seems to play beautifully. I'm wondering if this is something I could use???

RonR

You don't include rules from existing DigitMaps in the OutboundCallRoute.  The [^*]@@. rule is documented on page 119 of the OBi Device Administration Guide (Version 31.03.11: 31 March 2011):

[^*]@@. – Arbitrarily long alphanumeric sequence (except #) that does not start with *

This rule is included in the ITSPx DigitMaps to allow a SIP URI to be called:

18005551212@tf.callwithus.com

ProfTech

Interesting. The only problem is that map affects pure numeric strings the same as it does url strings. So when I dial 2234567 is runs through that map the same as xx. which was not what I was expecting. I expected it to only operate on strings that include the @ sign. Anyway, I got everything to work by using a star code / speed dial number instead.

RonR

No, the @ character in a DigitMap is not used to match a literal @ character.  An @ in a DigitMap matches any alphanumeric character.

The [^*]@@. rule in the ITSPx DigitMaps is somewhat problematic in that it, as well as the xx. rule, match almost any dialed number you throw at it.  The xx. rule is totally redundant with the [^*]@@. rule in place (I've removed the xx. rule from my ITSPx DigitMaps).  I prefer a DigitMap to validate what I dial in order to catch obvious mis-dialed numbers (too few digits, for example), but with these rules in place, almost no validation occurs and almost anything gets sent to the provider.  I'm considering removing the [^*]@@. rule (in addition to the xx. rule).  One can still dial a SIP URI anywhere you use it in TK() format where a DigitMap is not used (I can't envision many cases for the need to do IP dialing from a keypad).

RonR

I think I've found the ultimate solution for the ITSPx DigitMap's if you want validation and full IP dialing:

1. Remove the xx. rule

2. Replace the [^*]@@. rule with [^*]@@.'@'@@.

resulting in:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

I actually prefer:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code for 7-digit dialing.