News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FYI -> Switching SP1 from GV to Phone Power - need to wait 24hrs for forwarding

Started by gtrobi, May 05, 2014, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrobi

I chose PP to replace GV as my Obi202 SP1 this morning.

I went to GV and specified it forward to my new PP number.

Unfortunately, it did not forward to the Obi.

I called PP Tech Support, and they indicated it takes 24hrs for the GV->PP forwarding to start working on the Obi.

so, to save you the troubleshooitng cycles i wasted, now you know.

Taoman

Quote from: gtrobi on May 05, 2014, 12:17:06 PM

I called PP Tech Support, and they indicated it takes 24hrs for the GV->PP forwarding to start working on the Obi.

This is definitely not true. Were you able to verify your number when adding it as a GV forwarding number?

giqcass

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help but think something else is going on here.  I think you got a tech support person that is either an idiot or they told you something to get you off their back.  Maybe trying to buy some time to see what they goofed up or time to find someone that knows what they are doing.
Porting can take a while.
Outgoing CNAM changes can take a while. (usually pretty fast)
I have never got a new DID that wasn't already active.

Adding a new forwarding number to Google Voice is instant.

Quote from: Taoman on May 05, 2014, 12:46:53 PM
Were you able to verify your number when adding it as a GV forwarding number?
Yeah that question!
Long live our new ObiLords!

gtrobi

it appears 24hrs claim was indeed a farce, a still no gv->pp forwarding.

i did specify the new pp number as a forwarding number in my gv account, a verified the number by entering the google code at their voice prompt.  the pp number is checked and verified.

so, im puzzled.  PP tech support claims many folks forwaridng from gv->pp with no issue. 

hmm ...

Taoman

Quote from: gtrobi on May 06, 2014, 07:47:23 AM

i did specify the new pp number as a forwarding number in my gv account, a verified the number by entering the google code at their voice prompt.  the pp number is checked and verified.

And where did you enter "the google code at their voice prompt?"

Taoman

Quote from: gtrobi on May 06, 2014, 09:24:54 AM
via softphone

When you dial the phone number that PhonePower supplied you does the Obi connected phone ring and everything works that way?

gtrobi

when i dial the PP provided number, which i configured for sp1, the phones attached to the obi202 do not audibly ring.  The obi auto-attendent answers, but the attached phones dont audibly ring.

if i call the google voice number, which is configured to forward to the PP number (used for sp1), it goes to the google voice voicemail.

interestingly, if i delete the sp1 config for the obi (the only sp configured), then dial the PP or GV number, both route to PP voicemail.

so, in that case, GV is forwarding to PP.

i'm stumped.

gtrobi

solution = probably need to reconfig obiplus if you are using same.

turns out my obiplus config was still associating the GV number with SP1.