News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ITSP replacement for Google Voice

Started by dad004, July 14, 2014, 11:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad004

I have a GV number that I would like to port over to an approved OBI ITSP.  Do most have them offer the same functionality as GV?

drgeoff

That is an imprecise question!

By definition they all offer the same basic functionality of making and receiving phone calls.

But they differ in features.

AFAIK none offers everything that GV does.

Heck, which ones offer free calls to N. America numbers?  ;D

Decide what is important to you and then do your research.

dad004

rastoma

Quote from: drgeoff on July 14, 2014, 03:13:36 PM

Heck, which ones offer free calls to N. America numbers?  ;D

ring.to does.  And they are awesome.  Great call quality.  Android/IOS apps (I haven't used the apps extensively so don't know all their features as I haven't needed it).  The one time I've needed customer service they were quick to respond.

You have to buy anveo911 service which is $12/year.  Ring.to is free with no tiny ridiculous 300 minute like the other approved providers in their base plans.  So with the 911 service, it's $1/month.  Best deal out there.

rastoma

Quote from: dad004 on July 15, 2014, 05:35:58 AM
I meant features.
Thanks.

Check out ring.to.  They have call forwarding options and some other features... I don't know every feature as I only need to send and receive calls. They are an approved provider and FREE... other than the $12/year you pay for 911 service.