News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Lost and confused trying to switch to anveo

Started by bdf369, May 11, 2014, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdf369

Such a shame about Google Voice going away...

I tried to switch to Anveo but the signup process errored out and now I have a half-baked Obi set up and a half-baked Anveo account and I have no idea how to link them up together, or how I can still get the $84/year deal. At this point if I try to retry the sign up I just get errors about not being able to reprovision etc.

Any clues about what to do? I looked at Anveo's web page it says my subscription package is INTERNAL. If I click change it gives me an error. It says IP Phone not connected. How do I connect to my Obi 110?

On my Obi page it says SP1 is Anveo and status is "Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI". Very user friendly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Barry

bdf369

OK made some progress, I found the SIP#/password in Anveo web page and found where to enter on the Obitalk page and now the phone shows as Registered on Obitalk and Online on Anveo.

Still not sure about how to get the $84/year deal....

bdf369

Hmm, seems Anveo did not give me a phone number. Am I supposed to use the Anveo web site to get a new phone number, so I can forward my GV number to it?

Also confused as to how to set outgoing number so it's the same as GV number...

:-(

c3c3

bdf369

Ok so apparently Anveo want money before they will do anything, so I paypalled them $20. Now they want me to wait 8 hours while they "approve" the payment. :-(

I guess once I get a phone number I can do more setup.

bdf369

Quote from: c3c3 on May 11, 2014, 01:19:00 PM
Don't know what you did or what went wrong.  You may want to check these threads:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.0
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7980.0

Thanks, my sign up was like this one: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.0

I think that what happens is that if you choose SP1 for Anveo which was previously using GV, then the call to verify GV # will not be received. At that point the signup fails and cannot be restarted.

I guess I should have used SP2 but I didn't know my existing setup would be wiped out before setting up the new service.

>:(     ???   :-[

AlanB

I assume the GV verification is for the one hour porting?

If you can't restart, I guess you are stuck for now.  Reminder to others that GV can also be forwarded to a cell phone, work phone, etc, at least temporarily.

bdf369

The GV verification was for spoofing the number for outgoing calls.

Anyway I think I'm sorted now, I found some guides that help with navigating the cryptic Anveo web site and I managed to get a number set up and forward GV to it.

I just took the service plan Anveo had on offer on their web page in order to get a phone#.

Thanks all.

MikeHObi

Quote from: bdf369 on May 11, 2014, 10:57:14 PM
I just took the service plan Anveo had on offer on their web page in order to get a phone#.

Any plan Anveo has on the web site is independent from the deal you can get through OBI.  To get the Obi deal you need to sign up through the Obi approved services option on the ObiTalk website.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.