News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problems Converting to Anveo

Started by scgatorboy, April 28, 2014, 02:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgatorboy

I'm trying to set up Anveo as a voice provider.  I created an Anveo account.  I went to Obitalk and clicked on "Voice Service Provider Set-up".  Chose Anveo as my provider and clicked on existing account.  Entered my credentials.  Got the message stating wait a minute, sending data now.  After waiting well more than 1 minute when I go back into Obitalk, I get the message, "Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI".  I searched for this error message in the forum search box and I'm not getting anything.  Can someone help please?

Phil

AlanB

Delete all ASAP account and try again. If you have a e911 account with Anveo delete it as well.   Aldo see this post for more info. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.0

c3c3

Quote from: scgatorboy on April 28, 2014, 02:42:26 PM
I'm trying to set up Anveo as a voice provider.  I created an Anveo account.

If you're trying to sign up for one of the annual Obi-Anveo plans, an Anveo account is created during the sign up process.  Do not create an Anveo account first.  See message #86 in the thread AlanB pointed to.

JH2011

It's really a shame Anveo can't be bothered to FIX their script and stop wasting people's time.

AlanB

How do you know Anveo wrote the script and not ObiTalk as part of the Approved Service Provider agreement?

PhonePower users report similar problems.

Either way, I do agree that these scripts have caused some confustion.

JH2011

Quote from: AlanB on April 30, 2014, 09:15:27 AM
How do you know Anveo wrote the script and not ObiTalk as part of the Approved Service Provider agreement?
If Obi wrote it, it would work. That's how I know.

AlanB

Quote from: JH2011 on May 02, 2014, 02:17:23 AM
Quote from: AlanB on April 30, 2014, 09:15:27 AM
If Obi wrote it, it would work. That's how I know.
Oh, like the way they wrote firmware updates that prevented the Obi 202 from getting incoming calls.  Yep, I'm sure that was part of their plan!

AnveoRep

"Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI" error means that SIP device is sending invalid SIP packet to Anveo. It has nothing to do with Anveo systems and I suggest you email support@obihai.com for further assistance.

JH2011

Quote from: AlanB on May 02, 2014, 01:34:12 PM
Oh, like the way they wrote firmware updates that prevented the Obi 202 from getting incoming calls.  Yep, I'm sure that was part of their plan!

Anveo's install script failures have nothing to do with Obi firmware.

Don't blame Obi for Anveo's failures.

AlanB

I never blamed Obi.  I simply said that they're engineering is not perfect.  I'm an Obi fan, and would recommend Obi's to friends.  That said, I wouldn't tell anyone there are no problems.

I have also not jumped to conclusions about who writes the scripts, although I've figured it was probably Obihai all along.  I don't have proof of this, but this post would indicate that:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7936.msg51688#msg51688

Either way, to be honest, your contribution blaming Anveo initially is not a help to the initial poster.  By now, anyone who as been on this forum for a few weeks, is well aware that you don't like Anveo.  You are entitled to that opinion.  Anveo is certainly not the best choice for everyone, but is a good choice for many of us.

I would suggest that you consider not joining in future Anveo conversations if you can't add anything helpful.  There are plenty of VOIP providers discussed in this forum.  If everyone had a few people trying to convince others not to use them, it would be hard to find useful information.  Your criticism of Anveo is documented in enough topics on this forum now, that your opinion should get across to those doing research. 

kaborka

I just switched from GV to Anveo, and it went pretty well.  I already had an Anveo acct for E911.  On my first attempt, after deleting GV from SP1, I went to the Approved Provider page and clicked Anveo, then selected my Obi and SP1, then since I already had E911 I selected "Reprovision existing account". WRONG! You must pick "Create account" -- it will give you the opportunity to log into your existing account later.  Yes, it IS confusing.

After completing setup at Anveo, you have to go back to the Obi Dashboard and configure the Anveo SP1 service to be the default for outgoing calls AND E911. Your old E911 on SP2 should be deleted.

I did not port my GV#.  GV seems to forward to my new Anveo DID just fine.  You should edit the call flow at Anveo to increase the voicemail answer time to 45 sec, so GV voicemail will get unanswered calls instead of Anveo.

c3c3

Quote from: kaborka on May 09, 2014, 05:07:18 PM
You must pick "Create account" -- it will give you the opportunity to log into your existing account later.

Did you have to create a new account (with a different email address), or were you able to convert the e911 account automatically?

jadite

whew......so far, I am not a happy camper.  I find the Anveo webpage to be very confusing especially when it comes to the packages using a ported (I hope) google voice number.  First:  I'm concerned because I have not gotten a notification that my porting has taken effect.  I used the URL posted on the Anveo website.  SECOND:  I was originally going to go with the basic package just to test things out but when I try to change the package from FREE to something else, the $39.95 package is not listed.  In frustration, I tried to sign up for the STARTER package......and then found out that I had to put money in my account in order to do that......and found out I could only do that using Paypal, which I HATE!!  THIRD:  And then to find out that I could only deposit certain increments set by your company instead of just what I needed to pay for a year. FOURTH:   And then to add insult to injury, the money has been added to my credit card but your system does not recognize that yet so I have money floating around.  So far this is a total cluster _____.   I'm almost ready to ditch my Obi110 and buy a cellphone package!! >:(

kaborka

Quote from: c3c3 on May 09, 2014, 06:00:07 PM
Did you have to create a new account (with a different email address), or were you able to convert the e911 account automatically?

It added the Obi Basic package to my existing E911 account.  There's an option to log into the existing acct during the setup of the new service.

@jadite: The Anveo Obi packages are only available via the Approved Provider page on the Obi portal.

Also, you do not need a Paypal acct. I was able to process the CC charge as a "guest" (I always use one-time cc#s anyway).

jadite

I used a "guest" PP account to add funds to my account but I'm still waiting for it to show up in my account and you can't choose a package until you have funds.  My MC account shows that the charge is pending but it has been deducted from my available line of credit already and cannot be disputed so I'm stuck until Anveo "verifies" it.  This is why I hate PP.....they play with the float and nothing happens until they want to actually release the funds.  The original intent of PP back in 1997 or 1998 was no muss, no fuss, no charges for doing anything but once eBay bought it ought, it's been a disaster.

JH2011

Quote from: AlanB on May 08, 2014, 02:48:24 PM
I never blamed Obi.  I simply said that they're engineering is not perfect.  I'm an Obi fan, and would recommend Obi's to friends.  That said, I wouldn't tell anyone there are no problems.

I have also not jumped to conclusions about who writes the scripts, although I've figured it was probably Obihai all along.  I don't have proof of this, but this post would indicate that:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7936.msg51688#msg51688

Either way, to be honest, your contribution blaming Anveo initially is not a help to the initial poster.  By now, anyone who as been on this forum for a few weeks, is well aware that you don't like Anveo.  You are entitled to that opinion.  Anveo is certainly not the best choice for everyone, but is a good choice for many of us.

I would suggest that you consider not joining in future Anveo conversations if you can't add anything helpful.  There are plenty of VOIP providers discussed in this forum.  If everyone had a few people trying to convince others not to use them, it would be hard to find useful information.  Your criticism of Anveo is documented in enough topics on this forum now, that your opinion should get across to those doing research. 

According to you, anyone with Anveo problems... must have done something wrong... or they need "hand-holding". You're so funny.

Has Anveo bothered to FIX their script and stop wasting people's time?

It's Anveo's script - not Obi's. So, stop trying to shift the blame to Obi.

Anveo turned a simple 5 minute installation into hours and days for some...

Anveo doesn't accept responsibility for those who don't want to invest hours and days.

Anveo has poor business ethics. They threaten their unsatisfied customers and refer to them as "fraudulent" when they simply want to exercise their rights to get a full refund.

Anveo should look in the mirror and ask themselves what fraud really is.

We get it - you're an Anveo fanboy. That's not a crime. But it's as boring as ****