News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can one anveo account be setup on more than one Obihai box?

Started by joefly, May 05, 2014, 09:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesseasi

Quote from: JJ97 on May 07, 2014, 10:01:17 AM
Quote from: sailing on May 07, 2014, 04:04:46 AM
You can create sub-accounts. For each sub-account, you can have a different Obi connect. From within Anveo, you can determine how the phones ring. I believe you can also give each sub-account an extension number that can be used to call  between sub-accounts.

When creating a sub-account in the USA., Anveo says "E911 address in USA or Canada will be required to make outbound calls."  Does this mean I have to pay an additional E911 $0.80/month fee (besides my original account)?

When I try to create sub-accounts in Anveo - I get "access to this feature disabled"  - I am assuming sub accounts are not allowed on the obitalk special rate plans?

AlanB

That is correct. You will need to convert to the standard plan to add sub accounts.

jesseasi

Quote from: AlanB on May 07, 2014, 12:50:49 PM
That is correct. You will need to convert to the standard plan to add sub accounts.

Would converting to a standard account solve these issues?

Two OBi devices connected to the same number?
ONE ACCOUNT at Anveo with 2 different numbers? 

Right now I need to have two accounts, and try to do this slave master thing - which is not working.

AlanB

Yes to the second question. There has been some posts that the first part might not work.

AnveoRep?

ianobi

jesseasi,

Is your second OBi actually added to your account? This would have been done using the **5 method the same as for your first OBi. Does the second OBi appear on your OBi Dashboard? Can you dial **9222222222 and reach the OBi echo test from the second OBi?

If you make the changes as recommended, then the OBi should reboot itself each time you press the "submit" button. Making changes:

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

jesseasi

Quote from: ianobi on May 08, 2014, 12:52:22 AM
jesseasi,

Is your second OBi actually added to your account? This would have been done using the **5 method the same as for your first OBi. Does the second OBi appear on your OBi Dashboard? Can you dial **9222222222 and reach the OBi echo test from the second OBi?

If you make the changes as recommended, then the OBi should reboot itself each time you press the "submit" button. Making changes:

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

When I log into my OBi account - my dash board shows BOTH my devices.  I have made the recommended changes exactly as you describe. 

The only thing that is NOT as you described - after I submit the changes - it quickly moves back to where I can make additional changes - no time to I ever get any message about the device rebooting.   Let me try to manually reboot the device and see what happens.   

ProfTech

If Anveo doesn't require that your device be registered to make a call, it may be possible to have two Obi's using the same login information as long as the second one does not register. If you have two devices registered using the same login info I don't believe the service provider would be able to know which one to send an incoming call to. Other providers don't seem to have an issue with this temporary two-device setup but I'm not sure about anveo. I use a softphone on my laptop when I travel with the same login info as the Obi but I power down the Obi at home when I leave so it isn't a problem.

*edited* since the second Obi isn't registered it can only be used for outgoing calls. This isn't an issue in my case.

ianobi

jesseasi,

QuoteThe only thing that is NOT as you described - after I submit the changes - it quickly moves back to where I can make additional changes - no time to I ever get any message about the device rebooting.

This looks normal. You should get a message at the top of the page when the page reappears saying: "Successfully saved OBi Expert config to OBiTALK."

Of course, if you are near the OBi you can see it reboot - red power light will come on. However, if you are remote from the OBi you have to trust it has happened.

If you check the settings you have changed, do they stay changed? On your OBi Dashboard does sp1 still say "not configured"?

jesseasi

Quote from: ianobi on May 08, 2014, 08:06:21 AM
jesseasi,

QuoteThe only thing that is NOT as you described - after I submit the changes - it quickly moves back to where I can make additional changes - no time to I ever get any message about the device rebooting.

This looks normal. You should get a message at the top of the page when the page reappears saying: "Successfully saved OBi Expert config to OBiTALK."

Of course, if you are near the OBi you can see it reboot - red power light will come on. However, if you are remote from the OBi you have to trust it has happened.

If you check the settings you have changed, do they stay changed? On your OBi Dashboard does sp1 still say "not configured"?

I am about 70 miles away from the "slave" obi unit.  I have asked someone over there to manually reboot it.  But until them - yes - when my backend reloads after making the changes - I can see all the changes there.

MikeHObi

Quote from: JJ97 on May 07, 2014, 10:01:17 AM
Quote from: sailing on May 07, 2014, 04:04:46 AM
You can create sub-accounts. For each sub-account, you can have a different Obi connect. From within Anveo, you can determine how the phones ring. I believe you can also give each sub-account an extension number that can be used to call  between sub-accounts.

When creating a sub-account in the USA., Anveo says "E911 address in USA or Canada will be required to make outbound calls."  Does this mean I have to pay an additional E911 $0.80/month fee (besides my original account)?

I believe you do have to have the additional fee on a sub account.  Anveo charges E911 per 911 address on your account regardless of which one is active.  Since a sub account automatically gets a 911 address created for it, you likely will see the charge.  You may be able to contact them and get it removed if the new number is at the same address.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.