News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VOIP in Alaska

Started by jt74, May 13, 2014, 01:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jt74

Hello. I've used Google Voice for years  with Obihai in my residence. My GV number is 802 (VT, contiguous USA). I've used it in Alaska to call Alaska numbers and lower 48 numbers.

Presently, I'm considering options to replace my GV Obi set up. It has come to my attention that most VOIP providers don't include AK in the standard rates and offers.

Phone Power allows for calls to Alaska for $0.00/minute. Are there any others good options?

Thanks for any pointers.

giqcass

Welcome to the forum.  That is a good rates for AK and I don't know of anything better or even equivalent.  Localphone and Circlenet usually have good rates.  I'm sure however they are not that good for AK however.  You could look into Futurenine.
Long live our new ObiLords!

carl

Quote from: jt74 on May 13, 2014, 01:23:45 PM
Hello. I've used Google Voice for years  with Obihai in my residence. My GV number is 802 (VT, contiguous USA). I've used it in Alaska to call Alaska numbers and lower 48 numbers.

Presently, I'm considering options to replace my GV Obi set up. It has come to my attention that most VOIP providers don't include AK in the standard rates and offers.

Phone Power allows for calls to Alaska for $0.00/minute. Are there any others good options?

Thanks for any pointers.

CWU offers AK for 0.95c/min

MikeHObi

Anveo has a rate of  $0.12/min calling into Alaska.  Calls to the lower 48 would be at $0.01/min.
Callcentric has rate of $0.0275/min calling into Alaska.  Calls to the lower 48 would be at $0.0198/min.
Future 9 has a call simulator you can use to get rates based on numbers you call here:
http://www.future-nine.com/A2BCustomer_UI/rates.php

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Rick

Seems harsh that Alaska gets punished in so many ways for Sarah Palin.   :D

dircom

yes, it's a shame people pick on retarded folks  ;)