News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vestalink minutes used woe

Started by meerkat, May 13, 2014, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meerkat

Does anyone notice Vestalink does not reset your minutes allowance to the monthly plan subscribed?

Today is May 13, my minutes left, reported by the web or dial 646  = my monthly minutes (500) - total minutes I used since I subscribed in Mar!  The 500 minutes is essentially becomes a life time minutes

giqcass

I have not heard of this particular issue.  I recommend contacting them directly.  They do not participate in this forum as often as they used to.
Long live our new ObiLords!

meerkat

Quote from: giqcass on May 14, 2014, 04:38:26 AM
...  They do not participate in this forum as often as they used to.

Thanks, I find them do not  ... a lot of things as they used to. Since contacting them directly  -- indirectly in fact as only email contact, 21 hours ago, the issue is still to be resolved.

giqcass

Like many they entered this arena with vim and vigor.  The day to day reality of running a business has set in and their exuberance has waned.   Hopefully the lack of attention here means they are busy behind the curtain moving forward.  I have seen this pattern with other companies.  Some are still around and some are not.
Long live our new ObiLords!

ceg3

Quote from: meerkat on May 14, 2014, 09:16:15 PM
Quote from: giqcass on May 14, 2014, 04:38:26 AM
...  They do not participate in this forum as often as they used to.

Thanks, I find them do not  ... a lot of things as they used to. Since contacting them directly  -- indirectly in fact as only email contact, 21 hours ago, the issue is still to be resolved.
Don't let the naysayers overly concern you. Lots of users have their favorites and others they seem to enjoy putting down. Vestalink is going through huge increases in subscribers and according to their recent blog posting http://www.vestalink.com/blog/ their business has increased to 30 times what it was before all this started. They stopped being as active in the forum or being available in chat a while back, but I think you can rest assured they are using that time to keep up with the incoming new users and keeping things running smoothly, not taking a break. It is of course a little frustrating not getting an immediate response, but I feel certain that's due to the temporary heavy load and not because they are ignoring you. Hang in there.

Rick

Quote from: giqcass on May 14, 2014, 09:38:46 PM
Like many they entered this arena with vim and vigor.  The day to day reality of running a business has set in and their exuberance has waned.   Hopefully the lack of attention here means they are busy behind the curtain moving forward.  I have seen this pattern with other companies.  Some are still around and some are not.

Another reason to not port your number, simply forward it, and wait for the dust to settle.

nkolodij

I have sent 3 emails, 1 last week and 2 yesterday. I received 2 responses within minutes and 1 was 3 hours. Do you send emails to support@vestalink.com ?

meerkat

Yes, they made a canned reply, mentioning the minutes = in + out (and of course I know).  I replied with call logs, dead silnce so far after 18 hours.

I made 18 minutes call total (I round up  seconds  as minute too), so the web site says I used 160 minutes still.

meerkat

It turns out my account minutes reset date is not near the end of month (although I subscribed at mar 31), that's explains why my total 19 minutes used since Apr 29 is not reset and is still reported as 161 minutes.

Confusing. kind of slow to address my question but eventually, Ryan did a good service, no error on vestalink side