[Solved] Add # or S0 to an international number

Started by st167, May 14, 2014, 08:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st167

Hello,

I use CallWithUs to dial international calls and I'm getting long delay before the dialed number rings.
I have seen others suggesting that adding S0 in the digitmap helps but I'm not sure how to do it for number starting with 011.

In 99% cases, number dialed is 01191xxxxxxxxxx

Current digitmap is,
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Thanks.

ianobi

#1
If the number of digits is consistent, 15 in your example, then this is quite simple:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|01191xxxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

That should cover 99% of your calls to India with no delay caused by the OBi. The other 1% will be matched by 011xx. if they are shorter than 15 digits, but will have the ten second delay. For the 1% of calls you could simply dial # after the last digit; this tells the OBi that you have finished dialling and will avoid any delay.

The above digit map prevents you from dialling numbers longer that 15 digits starting with 01191. Is that a problem? If so, then use:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|01191xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

This will give a two second delay after digit 15, which will most likely give you chance to dial further digits. In this case it would be necessary to dial # when you finish dialling to avoid the ten second delay.




st167

Great!
I'll try this out later today and will mark this thread as solved tomorrow.

Thank you !!

ianobi

You were too quick for me - I have modified my answer. Hope that's ok.

st167

Okay so I added "01191xxxxxxxxxxS0" to digitmap. It did help, now I have to wait ~15sec instead of ~50sec!!
I will have to play around more with these settings this weekend.

Thank you for your help.

ianobi

As a test dial 01191xxxxxxxxxx followed by #. As soon as you press # your OBi will dial the number. Time the delay from the moment you press # until you hear ringing - this delay is caused by your service provider and routing after it gets into the Indian PSTN system.

If the above delay is still ~15sec, then your OBi digitmap settings are the best you are going to achieve; that is to say your OBi is not responsible for any of the delay.

st167

Quote from: ianobi on May 15, 2014, 11:07:07 AM
As a test dial 01191xxxxxxxxxx followed by #. As soon as you press # your OBi will dial the number. Time the delay from the moment you press # until you hear ringing - this delay is caused by your service provider and routing after it gets into the Indian PSTN system.

If the above delay is still ~15sec, then your OBi digitmap settings are the best you are going to achieve; that is to say your OBi is not responsible for any of the delay.

(1) time delay in case of: default digitmap and dial number with # at the end => less than 5 sec.
(2)time delay in case of: digitmap with 01191xxxxxxxxxxS0 => 15-20 sec

For now I have decided to just use # at the end. Also, if I use CWU access number to dial international# from my cell then there is no significant delay even if number is dialed without # at the end.

ianobi

Those results are strange. Adding # to the end of a number as you dial is and the S0 in the digit map should have the same result - they both override the interdigit timer and send all preceding digits out to the relevant spX with no delay.

You might try this digitmap as an experiment to ensure no other rules are matching the number dialled:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|01191xxxxxxxxxxS0)

After the experiment you will need to add back the "xx." rule to match any other number formats.



st167

I replaced default digitmap with,
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|01191xxxxxxxxxxS0)

And got the same results. Phone rings after ~15sec with no # at the end. While if num is dialed with # at the end rings in ~5 sec.

don;t know if these matters but...CWU is on SP2 while SP1 is my primary line for outgoing. number dialed with 011 are routed to SP2.

SP1 digitmap:
(*97|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>(800|888|877|866|855)[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>(011|00|+)xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

ianobi

Now it makes sense – I should have asked for the full picture   :)   The digits you are dialling are being matched by whatever rules are in your Primary Line digitmap. In this case sp2 digitmap is only being used to route the number after the digits have been matched. I suggest the following digitmaps would work well for you:

SP1 digitmap:
(*97|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>01191xxxxxxxxxxS0|<**2>(800|888|877|866|855)[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>(011|00|+)xx.S4|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

SP2 digitmap:
(01191xxxxxxxxxx|(011|00|+)xx.|(800|888|877|866|855)[2-9]xxxxxx)

st167

Thanks. I'll give this a try tonight. I should have mentioned about CWU not being primary outgoing service!