News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two OBi110s as intercom on local network

Started by bfrenock, May 14, 2014, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfrenock

First use of OBi product (or any other VOIP other than PC Skype type).  Just trying to connect two units on a local network to use as an intercom.  Found posts concerning this and followed the directions (I believe) but still having problems.  Best I've managed is an immedfiate ring from one end but an error from the other: An immediate error tone (triple tones) followed by this message:"The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 404."

Setup is as follows, can anyone spot anything wrong?

IP Addresses by MAC address in the router DHCP ...
   OBi110 #1: 10.0.1.31
   OBi110 #2: 10.0.1.32

On BOTH OBi110 ...
   Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer:              127.0.0.1
   Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP ->  X_DiscoverPublicAddress: unchecked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName :       bobf
   Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable :   unchecked
   Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile :  B

On Obi110 #1 ...
   User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2: sp2(aquaHouse@10.0.1.32:5061)

On Obi110 #2 ...
   User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 1: sp2(mainHouse@10.0.1.31:5061)

At this point I was able to lift a receiver, speed dial and ring the other phone from the other end after 8 or 9 seconds.

Then for the hotline:

On OBi110#1:
   Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute: {100:sp2(aquaHouse@10.0.1.32:5061)}

On OBi110#2:
   Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute: {100:sp2(mainHouse@10.0.1.31:5061)}

I then added on both OBi110s ...
   Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> DigitMap: (<S0:100>)

I tried this as a replacement for that entry, and as an addition by putting a pipe (|) after it and keeping the default entry after the pipe.

azrobert

Are you saying your setup works in one direction, but not the other?

The delay using the speed dial is caused by the Phone port DigitMap.
This is the default rule that checks for a single digit speed dial:
[1-9]S9
Change it to:
[1-9]S0

I don't see anything wrong with the configuration.
404 is a Not Found condition.
Check the OBi110 call history. It might give you an indication of the problem.
Click Status
Click Call History

If you can't diagnose the problem, you can try using the OBiTalk network to call the other OBi110.
Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{100:pp(ob200123456)}
Where 200123456 is the OBi number of the other OBi110.

bfrenock

Azrobert: Yes, that is correct.  When I pick up phone #1 it would immediately start phone #2 ringing, and I could talk back and forth.  When I pick up phone #2 it immediately gave the error.  I tried swapping phones and LAN lines with no change.  I then tried configuring the opposite unit with the other's specific info and the problem switched phones.

I just did find the phone log a few minutes ago.  However, now that I've set, reset, wiped back to default, and re-wiped, I need to wipe the log and start over.  I also have the phones only set up for speed dial at the moment.

One thing I did notice is that one of the units would appear to lose its connection.  That is, when I tried to connect through the browser it would fail.  After pulling power and re-applying, it connected immediately.  I guess it's possible I got a faulty unit.

bfrenock

Azrobert: Thanks!  That did take care of the delay when speed dialing the other phone.

azrobert

Quote from: bfrenock on May 14, 2014, 02:50:27 PM
However, now that I've set, reset, wiped back to default, and re-wiped

Are you doing a factory reset?

If not:
On the bottom of the OBi110 there is an access hole to the reset button.
It's a little larger than the vent holes on a row by itself.
Press and hold the button with paper clip until it reboots.

You can try using SP1 and port 5060. Probably won't work.

bfrenock

Azrobert: Yes I did do a factory reset several times. 

I just set up the "hotline" again with the same error on one phone.  I tried lifting each receiver in turn, so the 1st history shows two entries on the phone that errors.  It received the call from the other phone, then gave an error trying to call the first.  The first phone (second entry below) shows only the completed outgoing call.

On a bit of a tangent, where does the "Terminal ID", "Peer Name" and "Peer Number" come from?

Thanks for your help.  Have a great day!

Bob

Call 1   05/14/2014    17:09:37   

Terminal ID   PHONE1   SP2
Peer Name      
Peer Number   100   
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
17:09:37   New Call   
17:09:37      End Call (404 Not Found)
Call 2   05/14/2014    17:09:17   

Terminal ID   SP2   PHONE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   house_31   
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
17:09:17   Ringing   
17:09:25   End Call

Call 1   05/14/2014    17:09:17   

Terminal ID   PHONE1   SP2
Peer Name      
Peer Number   100   aquaHouse@10.0.1.33:5061
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
17:09:17   New Call   
17:09:25   End Call

azrobert

The Peer Number has different a meaning depending on the type of call and if it's inbound or outbound. In your case on the outbound call the left side is the number dialed and on the right is the URI. The 100 is converted to a URI in the OutboundCallRoute.

On the call that worked there is a URI on the right, but on the call that failed there is no URI. It looks like there is something wrong with your OutboundCallRoute. Check if you have a space somewhere. Maybe delete the OutboundCallRoute and retype it. Don't do a copy and paste.

On an inbound call Peer number is usually the CallerID. In your case it's the AuthUserName on the SP2 definition.

Edit:

Does the speed dial still fail?

bfrenock

Azrobert: Thanks for the info.  No, the speed dial wasn't failing, only the "hotline".  But with the hotline set up, I don't know how to check for the speed dial because it automatically tries to connect when the receiver is lifted, essentially doing the speed dial.?  If I delete the "hotline" setup (OutboundCallRoute and Digitmap additions) then the speed dial works in both directions.

azrobert

You can change the Hotline DigitMap rule to (<S2:100>|..........default rules........)

This will give you 2 seconds to start dialing before the Hotline executes.
After dialing the 1st digit, the Hotline is disabled for the call.

bfrenock

Azrobert: Stuck a couple of pieces of rebar through a tractor tire and spent a good portion of the day in town :). I'm still having problems keeping the one unit connected.  Had to cycle power three times yesterday and twice today to connect to it.  I'm going to assume it has a problem and am going to get a replacement.  I'll post again after I receive the replacement as to whether I still have the same problem.  Thank you for your time.  Have a great day!

Bob

bfrenock

Did a bit more playing while waiting for the new unit (one still disconnects randomly and has to be power cycled).  I managed to get the hotline working in both directions by copying the OutboundCallRoute from the one that was working to the other, and changing one digit of the IP of course.  I had manually entered the data as suggested with no change, and copying both fields to a text editor and comparing showed no differences ... so I'm unsure what I had wrong.

The suggestion to change the Digitmap to 2 seconds so I could still use the speed dial did not work.  Both units gave the same symptom:  busy signal, then something like an off hook beeping after 5 to 10 seconds.  I tried changing the Digitmap values to 4 seconds for the hotline and 2 seconds for the speed dial but they both still gave the same problem tones.

I took out the hotline changes from the Digitmap,  (<S0:100>) and OutboundCallRoute, {100:sp2(aquaHouse@10.0.1.33:5061)} and the speed dial works in both directions.  The speed dial values were set as sp2(aquaHouse@10.0.1.33:5061) and sp2(mainHouse@10.0.1.39:5061) respectively.  I set these values in both speed dial 1 and 2 as I am expecting to eventually use them when I get more OBi units.

bfrenock

Received the new unit (hasn't disconnected yet, but it has only been a few hours).  When I installed the new unit using the info from the last working unit, it failed again ... hotline worked in one direction and not in the other.  I found the culprit, but no idea why this affects it:

When I use the following in the OutboundCallRoute if fails:
       {100:sp2(mainHouse@10.0.1.33:5061)},...

If I change 'mainHouse' to ANYTHING else (so far), it works.  For instance I tried "house', 'home' and 'bobs' and they all worked and with no changes at all to the other unit.  The other unit doesn't contain 'mainHouse' anywhere (nor home, bobs, etc), so maybe 'mainHouse' or some portion of it is perhaps a reserved word????

Any suggestions as to why that occurs would be appreciated.

Also, I am still unable to get the speed dialing to work in either direction when I have the hotline activated.  Any suggestions there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for your time.  Have a great day!

Bob

azrobert

That is strange. FYI m, s and x are reserved characters and must be enclosed in single quotes when used in a DigitMap. There shouldn't be a problem the way you are using them in an address. I tried sp2(mainHouse@192.168.1.100:5061) in my OBi110 and it worked.

Again FYI, I had you put S0 on the single digit rule in the Phone Port DigitMap. This will prevent you from dialing more than a single digit.

If you post your Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute maybe I'll see why the Speed Dial won't work when you have the Hotkey defined.

bfrenock

Thanks.  Here they are.  These are identical in both units except for the IP address change (one one ends in 33, the other 34).  I'll have to play with some variations on the 'mainHouse' tomorrow and see if I can narrow it down further.

Digitmap:

(<S4:100>)|([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S2|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute:

{100:sp2(aquaHouse@10.0.1.34:5061)},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

azrobert

Try this:

(<S4:100>|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S2|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Edit:
These are the rules:
<S4:100>|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S2|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli)

Each rule is separated by a vertical bar.
The refer backs like Msp1 are enclosed by parentheses.
Then the whole thing is enclosed by parentheses.

bfrenock

That was it!  Thank you ... again!

Speed dial now also works.  I'll try the 'mainHouse' again and see if it affected that as well.

Bob

bfrenock

The hotline still fails if I try to use 'mainHouse' in the address.  Tried a few more iterations.  Seems it just doesn't like a name starting with an 'm'.  These all failed:

maiHouse, maHouse, mHouse, mouse, mous, and m

These worked:

ainHouse, House, n, x

If I get bored later I may try every letter of the alphabet to see if any others fail, but for now I'm just not going to start with an 'm'.

Bob

azrobert

I lied when I said it worked on my OBi110. I screwed up the test. When defined exactly like yours, mine also fails.

This works:
{(<100:mainhouse@192.168.1.100:5061>):sp2}

Shale

Quote from: bfrenock on May 22, 2014, 06:50:45 AM
Seems it just doesn't like a name starting with an 'm'.  These all failed:

maiHouse, maHouse, mHouse, mouse, mous, and m
I suspect it may think that strings that begin with M are maps, but I don't know what it would do with a map in that place.

bfrenock

Well, I feel better that it is repeatable anyway!  Now I'll get a third unit set up in the last building (barn workshop) and finally try to hook up a SIP for actual calls.  I'm on a satellite so I don't expect much from any connection I make, due to the latency I always have.

Appreciate all of your help.  It always makes me feel good when I get on any forum and see the help provided.  It's one of the few things that offsets the constant bad news in the world in general.

Have a great day!

Bob