News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect point-to-point SIP intercom to Obi202

Started by cowsr4eating, May 27, 2014, 06:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowsr4eating

I have an Obi202 and want to connect a SIP intercom that supports point-to-point SIP connections.  On the intercom setup it asks for: SIP Server (I assume OBI IP), SIP User ID, SIP Auth ID, and SIP Auth Password.  I've searched for how to setup the OBI as a SIP server and how to setup OBI for point to point SIP phones/intercoms with no good examples of the OBI setup to support my specific use case. 

My goal is to push the call button on the intercom and have it ring phones connected to the OBI.  I can select or unselect the "register with SIP Server" option, which I have unselected.  Any suggestions on how to configure the OBI for this purpose?

Thanks

azrobert

I never setup an intercom, but assume it's similar to an ATA.
The SIP Server parm must point to the OBi202's IP address and an SP trunk port number.
It would look something like this: 192.168.1.100:5061
The port number might be defined as separate parm.
The OBi202 SP trunk must be defined as SIP.
You are correct to turn off registration.
You can use anything for the other parms.
UserID and AuthID should be the same.

The default Voice Services -> SP X Service -> X_InboundCallRoute will work.
If you modified it to block scanners temporarily add {ph} to the end for testing.

cowsr4eating

Azrobert,

Thanks for the help.  I thought the Inboundcallroute changes I made for scanners was the problem but it appears not.

The SIP intercom has the following fields:
Primary SIP Server (NOT Registered):192.168.4.115
Primary SIP User ID:199
Primary SIP Auth ID:199
Primary SIP Auth Password:<blank>
Remote SIP Port:5060
Local SIP Port:5060
Outbound Proxy:<blank>
Outbound Proxy Port:0
Register with a SIP Server:<unticked>
Re-registration Interval (in seconds):250
NAT ping (check box if PBX is not local):<unticked>
Disable rport Discovery:<ticked>
RTP Port (even):10500
Dial out Extension:204
Extension ID:id204

On my Obi202 I have voice services sp3 (the SP profile I am using for this) set to defaults except for:
X_RegisterEnable <unticked>
X_NoRegNoCall <ticked>
X_ContactUserID 199

Do I need to setup anything under a Service Providers section?  I suspect not, but that was the only place I could see to configure RTP ports.  I have put everything back to defaults and once working I'll change ports, user ID, etc.  Even at the default settings and changing the bare minimum, I cannot get the intercom to ring phones connected to the obi.  Logs would be great to see what is going on and help me debug. 

Thanks

azrobert

This is how to define a dummy trunk on SP3:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : C

I never used X_ContactUserID and would leave it undefined.

I assume Local SIP Port is the port used by the intercom and Remote SIP Port is the port of the OBi202.

Something has to change on the intercom to point to the OBi202 SP3 port 5062.

JimInCincinnati

Hey cowsr4eating --

Did this resolve your issue? - I am trying to do the same thing, and would greatly appreciate knowing your solution, assuming you found it.

Thanks -Jim