News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suspect 411 DigitMap translation being suppressed

Started by rcmobi, May 14, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcmobi

I have activated service with Phonepower and they offer 411 directory assistance as a billable per call option.  On their site they offer a configuration option to block this feature which I have done in order not to incur additional charges.

I have successfully modified the DigitMap field – found at...Service Providers:  ITSP Profilee A General: DigitMap – for other purposes but find the following rule does not participate:
<411:18003733411>S2
Additionally I have experimented and find that changing 411 to either 410 or *411 does get translated when those numbers are entered.

My gut suspicion is that obihai has an agreement with Phonepower to exclude 411 from DigitMap translation.
When I enter 411, I get the recording "calls to directory assistance are barred" which I suspect is issued by Phonepower due to my configuration choice on their site to block 411 calls so not to incur additional charges.

If my suspicions are incorrect, can anyone suggest how to get the DigitMap 411 digits to translate?
Here is my current DigitMap: 
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1502>xxxxxxx|x|xx|[^4]xxS2|<*411:18003733411>S2)

drgeoff

I'm reasonably certain that digit map processing is done entirely within the device so I doubt that Obihai can selectively do as you suspect just for PhonePower customers.

Do you have a 'x11' rule in any of your digit maps?

rcmobi

Thanks for your reply.  No I have no other specific x11 rule other than the generalized 3 digit rule that excludes the leading 4.  The only configuration change I have made is to the "Service Providers: ITSP Profile A General: DigitMap" and as indicated, the current value is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1502>xxxxxxx|x|xx|[^4]xxS2|<*411:18003733411>S2)

Shale

I think you want to get rethink  [^4]xxS2

I understand that that it should  not match 411,but it seems to me that it will match almost any number that you dial a bit slowly. Besides, since it is unusual, I wonder if it maybe does not work as expected. What are you trying to accomplish with that?

Maybe [356789]11S0 would suit you instead.

rcmobi

Thanks for your reply.  What I am trying to accomplish with the [^4]xxS2 rule is to insure that the digits 411 cannot be satisfied by that rule in order for there being no possibility that rule will be selected over the rule <411:18003733411>x?S2 for my intended purpose.
All other 3 digit numbers that do not begin with a 4 like *21 for phonepower email and 911 will satisfy the 3 digit rule.  I certainly am open to suggestions and would like to get the 411 translation working.

Shale

My suggestion is to replace [^4]xxS2 with something else. I remember for some previous things discussed that the carrot (meaning anything-but) did not work tho it looked as if it should work as expected according to the guide. I forget the details. This may or may not be a comparable situation.

For concept testing, try maybe 511 instead of 411 and having the call redirect to your cell. Then you will know if there is something odd with 411 going on. If there is something odd going on, take a look at your OutboundCallRoute for your phone. That is how 911 is typically launched. Higher priority. Right now. In fact, maybe you want to use that for your 411. See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0 section B. That would be the foolproof right-now method.

Do you really want a 2-second pause during dialing a longer number to cause the first 3 digits to be dialed?

giqcass

I held back on this discussion to see what others thought because I'm certainly not an expert on this but I always put this kind of thing in the OutboundCallRoute for the phone port unless each service were to have a different number I wanted dialed.  I assume you always want the same 411 service so I would do something like.

{(<411:18003733411>):sp1},

My snazzyfied version just to see if it worked.  This routes the call through Call with us instead.
14195551212 should be replaced by your CID in the example.
{(<411:18003733411@tf.callwithus.com;ui=14195551212>):sp1},
Long live our new ObiLords!

rcmobi

Thank you very much for your post and being precisely specific in suggesting I use {(<411:18003733411>):sp1}, in the PHONE OutboundCallRoute field.  411 substitution now works.
Prior to making your suggested change, I changed the ITSP Profile A General - DigitMap to (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1502>xxxxxxx|x|xx|[2-9]11S0) based on earlier suggestions.
It does seem that the S0 timing parameter does provide for 0 seconds delay in the rule selection process.  Also *21 for Phonepower voice mail is still accepted so my take is that there need not be a matching rule in the DigitMap for dialed digits to be executed.
I am now very pleased to find that Obihai has apparently not make any translation concessions to Phonepower as the subject of my original post suggested.  My apologies to the folks at Obihai.  I continue to be impressed by the quality, versatility and configurability of the Obi devices.