News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to access IVR on second OBi on a bridge call?

Started by baxtr, May 03, 2011, 11:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtr

Suppose I call OBi #2 from OBi #1 via the OBi network. Is there a way to access the IVR on the second OBi for configuration purposes?

RonR

You should be able to by adding a *** rule to the Auto Attendant DigitMap and a ***:aa2 rule to the Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute.  Look at the PHONE Port DigitMap and PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute as an example.

RonR

Further to my last...

I just tested accessing the IVR from the Auto Attendant and it works fine:

Press 2 + (PIN if enabled +) *** + #

One could also access the IVR by setting:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : aa2

in which case, all incoming calls to the OBiTALK Service would be routed immediately to the IVR.

baxtr

RonR,

Thanks, this is good information. I found the two entries that you cited,

Auto Attendant Digit Map (unmodified)
---------------------------------------------

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute (unmodified)
----------------------------------------------------------

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

However, I am having trouble with the modification syntax. Starting on page 113 of the Administration Guide, I read that curly braces are used to modify the rules. Rather than messing this up completely, a concrete example here would be of great help. Also, if this modification is done to each OBi, I am assuming that each can access the other's IVR.

RonR

Here you go:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Yes, you could put the changes in both.

These Auto Attendant changes will allow ANYONE to access the IVR once they reach the Auto Attendant.  Use with caution.