News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make outgoing call with Anveo Obi special package

Started by cwzkevin, May 15, 2014, 08:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwzkevin

Hi, here is my case:

Signed up the Anveo Obi special Basic Package and ported my google voice number to Anveo last night. But I can't make outgoing call this morning after the google voice number have been ported to Anveo. It informs me negative balance when I dial.

So, I looked it up in Anveo account Transactions history. After I paid the $39.99 charge for the special package with paypal, I had $0.05 balance as a bonus. But later on, when the porting from google voice was actually happening, there is a charge of $0.25 to my account making the account balance negative, which is -0.20. What is this "Phone Number subscription"? I googled it, but can't find any information.

15-May-2014 00:25:56   Porting Fee   $0.0000         this account    +1XXXXXXXXXX
15-May-2014 00:25:54   Phone Number subscription   -$0.2500    this account    +1XXXXXXXXXX - 1st month prorated
15-May-2014 00:25:54   Phone Number subscription   $0.0000    this account    +1XXXXXXXXXX - Setup
14-May-2014 23:12:47   Bonus deposit   $0.0500         this account    bonus
For sure, I can put $0.20 to the account right away to fix it, but, what is it exactly?  ??? Will I be getting it every month? Thanks!  ::)

Shale

cwzkevin

Quote from: Shale on May 15, 2014, 08:39:29 AM
See if reply to your other post helps.

I don't know about the package, but I would check any email you were sent after sign-up to see if there are now different credentials. My thought is that you have a new account, and the balance was transferred from the old account.

Thanks! I didn't have any account with Anveo before. And, the transactions history also shows my beginning balance as 0.00000.

My concern is if I will be paying the "Phone Number subscription" every month? Because at the last column of the 2nd line of the table, it shows "1st month prorated". Does it mean it is going to be every month? Thanks again.

c3c3

As long as there is only one phone number in your account, that's a one-time event for porting in the number.

cwzkevin

Quote from: c3c3 on May 15, 2014, 08:51:45 AM
As long as there is only one phone number in your account, that's a one-time event for porting in the number.

Good to hear! Thanks c3c3!

Sorry if it is not an appropriate question, just want to make sure! Thanks!

cwzkevin

Quote from: cwzkevin on May 15, 2014, 08:36:40 AM
For sure, I can put $0.20 to the account right away to fix it, but, what is it exactly?  ??? Will I be getting it every month? Thanks!  ::)

It seems adding $0.20 is harder than I think! The minimum amount from "add funds" menu in Anveo is $20...

muzikchick

Make sure that you registered your anveo # - they will call you with a code and that the primary outbound call box is checked in your anveo profile.

If you signed up through obitalk.com (not anveo directly) they shouldn't be billing you per call as obitalk package is a flate rate.

cwzkevin

Quote from: muzikchick on May 15, 2014, 09:40:35 AM
Make sure that you registered your anveo # - they will call you with a code and that the primary outbound call box is checked in your anveo profile.

If you signed up through obitalk.com (not anveo directly) they shouldn't be billing you per call as obitalk package is a flate rate.

Same as you described on the 1st line. I already did that at the beginning of the setting up process, got the code and also outbound call box checked. That is not the issue.

As I signed up through obitalk.com, I didn't get bill per call. The issue is that, the "Phone Number subscription" $0.25 charge made my account negative balance. It seems to me that whenever your account is in negative balance, you can't make outgoing call. I didn't expect this charge at all as I only transfer $39.99 to Anveo last night, thought that it would be good for a year of service with 333 minutes outgoing every month. Now, I am screwed. I can only add funds of at least of $20 to Anveo account.

c3c3

You should leave some positive balance in your account for uncovered charges.  If you have zero balance and some sends you a SMS ($0.01), then your account may be blocked as well, unless Anveo actually blocks that SMS.

cwzkevin

Quote from: c3c3 on May 15, 2014, 10:40:46 AM
You should leave some positive balance in your account for uncovered charges.  If you have zero balance and some sends you a SMS ($0.01), then your account may be blocked as well, unless Anveo actually blocks that SMS.

You are right. That is why I want to transfer something like $5 to my account. But the "Add Funds" menu in Anveo has options and only has options for $20, $30, $50, $75, $100, $200...

cwzkevin

I don't know how, but it just happened. That the $0.25 charge in my account changed to 0.0000. I am having positive balance in my account again! Great!

[I did three things:
1. wrote this post here on ObiTalk forum since Anveo has no such thing.
2. sent an suggestion to Anveo with my situation explained and request that they could add like $2 or $5 to their "Add Funds" option. (I was just hoping that would be faster than their support ticket channel, well, you know)
3. I re-provision the obi device although it was registered and was online.]

cwzkevin

Now, I am happy! Hope that I don't have to show up here again... for an other year...  :)

c3c3

Jackson

When I signed up I opted for the $39.99 +$5 option, just for some unseen future contingency, as I knew Anveo had a minimum $20 add.  I guess things are prorated to their billing cycle,

My account just now:

QuoteAccount Balance:   $8.07

This is odd though:

QuoteRenewal Date/Amount:   14-Apr-2015   $3.33

AlanB

The first month is prorated back to the beginning of the fiscal month which is midnight the 15th UMT.  You've paid for a year, so you are good through April 15, 2015.   The $3.33 is the monthly equivalent of what you are paying.  I don't know if we'll go monthly at that time or need to pay or another year.  I haven't asked since it's a long way off.