News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI as Long Distance (toll) only gateway using line port

Started by Kurter, May 02, 2011, 07:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurter

I've ordered two additional OBI110 devices. My 2nd one (is simply a hot spare) and the 3rd one (as a gift).
For the gift OBI, I have an extremely simple setup in mind, but haven't seen this documented anywhere, which is why I'm creating a new topic.......

How do I set it up for the following:
======================
1--area code for PSTN line is 319.  Using PSTN,  local calls are 7 digit dialing, toll calls are 1-xxx-yyy-zzzz. There is no toll 1+yyy-xxxx nonsense to worry about.

2--I want to use the PSTN line by default for most outgoing and incoming calls (no extra digits to dial)
     *presume that the default provider must be set to dial using the PSTN line "Primary line under phone port"

3--also want to use Google Voice for long distance calling (anytime they dial a 1-xxx-yyy-zzzz)
     * presume when GV is configured under SP1, I can easily
           a--dial *001 and then number to call when I want to use Google Voice
-or-
           b--dial just the number if I want to use the PSTN line, since it's the default... (local or long distance).....

4--What I'm trying to do is come up with a dial plan (or similar) where if I dial
           a--dial 7 digit #, it will use the PSTN line by default
           b--dial 1+xxx-yyy-xxxx, it will use SP1 (Google Voice) by default.
           c--not worried about international dialing

Help!
Thanks

RonR

Quote from: Kurter on May 02, 2011, 07:29:21 AMa--dial 7 digit #, it will use the PSTN line by default
b--dial 1+xxx-yyy-xxxx, it will use SP1 (Google Voice) by default.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (xxxxxxxS4|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Kurter