News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Star Code Script Variable Processor Bug

Started by RonR, April 30, 2011, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

tkc9789 recently asked "BTW, how do I delete the speed dial entry that was configured using the handset?"

In looking for the answer, I discovered a bug in the Star Code script variable processor.  If an invalid number is dialed when setting a Speed Dial (for example, *74 15 *#), the following is stored in the Speed Dial slot:

15   invalid:'The number you dialed' star pound is in-valid;

A similar problem occurs if an invalid number is dialed when setting a call forwarding number (for example, *62 *#):

CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber   TG1(invalid:'The number you dialed' star pound is in-valid;)

Obviously, the error message should be spoken and the script should abort without storing anything in the Star Code script variable.

Also, pages 108 and 109 of the OBi Device Administration Guide (Version 31.03.11: 31 March 2011) do not reflect the actual default values and need to be updated.

In the end, I could find no way to clear or delete a Speed Dial with a Star Code.

The following Star Code (*76) script can be added to Star Code Profile A and Star Code Profile B to clear a Speed Dial:

Code27   *76(x|xx), Clear Speed Dial, set($Spd[$code],)

Code27   *76([1-9]|[1-9]x), Clear Speed Dial, set($Spd[$code],)

Usage: *76 Speed Dial Clear (Enter SD No. [1-99])

RonR

Obihai,

Are you able to reproduce this bug?

RonR

obi-support2,

Please acknowledge that you are aware of this problem and looking into it.

Thank you,

Ron

obi-support2

We can reproduce the problem. We will work on a fix.
Thanks for reporting.
OBIHAI Support Staff