News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to get VM messages from GV

Started by tome, May 15, 2014, 07:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tome

I switched my Obi110 to use Callcentric (on sp2) for outgoing calls today.  I still have my main number at GV and it is forwarded to my Callcentric DID.  All that seems to work fine.  I got a voicemail message today at GV and when I push the "VM" button on my phone, it calls my main number but now after 30 seconds or more I get an error from the Obi (503).  I suspect this is because now the VM call is going out CC to my GV number and back to CC, a loop.

So, the question is, how do I get my voicemail messages when using my house phones?  Or should I switch my voicemail to CC (I assume I can turn it off on GV?)?
Tom

PS:  Hmm, I don't see a way to turn off VM at GV...
PPS:  Ah, I see that if I just have another vmail system pick up before 25 seconds elapses then no need to turn off GV VM.
PPPS: So, I guess the message waiting indicator came on before Google shut down XMPP?  Otherwise why was the message light even blinking?

azrobert

The following assumes you are NOT spoofing your GV number in Callcentric.

Sign into your GV account.
Click on the Gear Icon.
Click Settings.
Click EDIT under your Callcentric Forwarding Number.
Click Show Advanced Settings.
Under VoiceMail Access click YES.
Click PIN not required. (Optional)
Click SAVE.

You will now go directly to voicemail prompt when you call your GV number.

tome

Quote from: azrobert on May 15, 2014, 08:42:28 PM
The following assumes you are NOT spoofing your GV number in Callcentric.

Sign into your GV account.
Click on the Gear Icon.
Click Settings.
Click EDIT under your Callcentric Forwarding Number.
Click Show Advanced Settings.
Under VoiceMail Access click YES.
Click PIN not required. (Optional)
Click SAVE.

You will now go directly to voicemail prompt when you call your GV number.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I am spoofing my GV number for CID so I can't use that trick.  Are most people using vmail from their voip provider or do they just not check google vmail from their phones?

Tom

azrobert

Can you setup a sub-account that uses the Callcentric DID CallerID?
You can then use the sub-account to access VM.

I did this using a CircleNet sub-account.

tome

Quote from: azrobert on May 15, 2014, 09:36:50 PM
Can you setup a sub-account that uses the Callcentric DID CallerID?
You can then use the sub-account to access VM.

I did this using a CircleNet sub-account.

It looks like I can create extensions (or sub-accounts). So I set up an extension with the default CC DID.  Then how would I configure the Obi110 to use that extension when I call VM?
Thanks,
Tom

azrobert

Quote from: tome on May 16, 2014, 06:32:02 AM
It looks like I can create extensions (or sub-accounts). So I set up an extension with the default CC DID.  Then how would I configure the Obi110 to use that extension when I call VM?
Thanks,
Tom

Voice Services -> Gateways and TG

Voice Gateway1
AccessNumber: sp1(callcentric.com)
DigitMap: (14801234567)
AuthUserID: 1777123456101
AuthPassword: password

SP1 must be defined as SIP
14801234567 is your GV number
17771234567101 is your CC sub-account

Add to the beginning of your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(Mvg1):vg1},

tome

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
Quote from: tome on May 16, 2014, 06:32:02 AM
It looks like I can create extensions (or sub-accounts). So I set up an extension with the default CC DID.  Then how would I configure the Obi110 to use that extension when I call VM?
Thanks,
Tom

Voice Services -> Gateways and TG

Voice Gateway1
AccessNumber: sp1(callcentric.com)
DigitMap: (14801234567)
AuthUserID: 1777123456101
AuthPassword: password

SP1 must be defined as SIP
14801234567 is your GV number
17771234567101 is your CC sub-account

Add to the beginning of your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(Mvg1):vg1},

Should the digit map be my CC DID, rather than the GV number?  Also, I have CC configured on SP2, so I assume  I should have sp2(callcentric.com)?

Tom

PS:  Well, your instructions work great.  Many thanks!!  I am still not sure why I set the DigitMap to be my GV number rather than my CC DID though...  And what does the outbound call route ({(Mvg1):vg1},) mean?  Again thank you!

azrobert

SP2 is fine.
SP1 will also work if it's defined as SIP.

The DigitMap should be your GV number.
When you dial your GV number it will match the DigitMap and be routed out VG1.

tome

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2014, 06:07:19 PM
SP2 is fine.
SP1 is still (currently) defined for GV - even though it isn't used at the moment.
Tom

tome

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2014, 06:07:19 PM
SP2 is fine.

The DigitMap should be your GV number.
When you dial your GV number it will match the DigitMap and be routed out VG1.

I am trying to understand why this works.  On the Callcentric website, my new extension says "YOUR PHONE IS NOT REGISTERED".   So when the obi routes the call to my GV number via the VG1, does it just send it to the normal SIP account at CC but with the extension number appended and CC then knows to send the other callerid (the CC number CID)?
Thanks again,
Tom

azrobert

You can setup a speed dial, so you don't have to dial the GV# every time you want to access VM:
vg1(GV_NUMBER)

The answer to your question is NO.

You don't need to be registered to your provider to make outbound calls. Being registered is for receiving inbound calls.  Some providers require you to be registered to use their service.

In the OBi a Voice Gateway cannot register to a provider, so it can only be used for outbound calls.

If you want to play unregister your main CC account on SP2. Outbound calls will still work.
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked

Callcentric can route inbound calls in Call Treatments to a URI, so you don't have to be registered to receive inbound calls. You might have audio problems doing this.

tome

Quote from: azrobert on May 17, 2014, 08:58:32 AM
You can setup a speed dial, so you don't have to dial the GV# every time you want to access VM:
vg1(GV_NUMBER)

I don't need a speed dial.  I program my GV number into the phone and push the (one) VM button.

Quote from: azrobert on May 17, 2014, 08:58:32 AMThe answer to your question is NO.

You don't need to be registered to your provider to make outbound calls. Being registered is for receiving inbound calls.

Ok, but does it work because the Obi sends the call to the CC id+extension and CC knows that outbound calls with that extension should get sent with that extension's CID?
Tom

azrobert

Quote from: tome on May 17, 2014, 06:52:48 PM
Ok, but does it work because the Obi sends the call to the CC id+extension and CC knows that outbound calls with that extension should get sent with that extension's CID?
Tom

That's correct.