News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Backing Off (0s):Authentication error crazy fix ...

Started by Conniemadagain, December 14, 2011, 06:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conniemadagain

I was getting this error even though all the inputs (username and password) were absolutely correct ...

So as I was searching this forum to find a fix I read something about the password length and GV where obi gets the info from ...

So I went back and checked my 2nd line (which never had this problem) exceeded the minimum length by 2 but my primary line (the one that kept getting "Backing Off (0s):Authentication error") was the just the minimum length ...

So I made it longer and the error went away and so far has stayed away ...

Remember I said "crazy fix" ... But it correct the error immediately ...

So, I am guessing being the minimum length causes miss communication between GV and the dashboard ...

ggramont

I have the same problem, how do you "make it longer" ?

ggramont

I solved the problem. I had gmail 2 steps identification on and Obi could not connect. I disabled 2 steps, connected my OBi110 to gmail and enabled 2 steps. Works fine now.

Conniemadagain

Quote from: ggramont on December 15, 2011, 02:09:33 PM
I have the same problem, how do you "make it longer" ?

I made my GV password longer ... that is what you input into obi ...

RevKev

To use OBi with Google 2-step authentication, go into your Google Account settings, under Security - Authorizing applications & sites, click edit. 2/3 down the page, enter a name (anything - this is a password for your OBi to use) and click Generate password. Copy the resulting password and paste it into SPx Service -> AuthPassword of your OBi. You don't need to remember this password, you won't be using it anywhere else. If you ever need to reset your OBi, you can go back into your Google account and revoke the password and generate a new one.

flynsafe

"THE FIX FOR ME" Re:Backing Off (0s):Authentication error

I had been using "copy & paste" method for Google gmail and password. I even changed password to longer but also copied and pasted (lazy). Then I remembered that some accounts do not allow this and have to TYPE only.
Instantly after typing manually and hit submit, my account connected

Conniemadagain

Glad to read this !!!

Quote from: flynsafe on January 03, 2012, 09:48:11 AM
"THE FIX FOR ME" Re:Backing Off (0s):Authentication error

I had been using "copy & paste" method for Google gmail and password. I even changed password to longer but also copied and pasted (lazy). Then I remembered that some accounts do not allow this and have to TYPE only.
Instantly after typing manually and hit submit, my account connected

Conniemadagain

FYI ...

I have the 2-step enabled and never had to disable when using my fix ...

thegreatfixer

Quote from: ggramont on December 15, 2011, 03:49:31 PM
I solved the problem. I had gmail 2 steps identification on and Obi could not connect. I disabled 2 steps, connected my OBi110 to gmail and enabled 2 steps. Works fine now.
Thanks that works for me
BUT i was unable to keep it working after re-enabling it

Obi you really need to work on FAQ