News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help converting existing ObiTalk/Anvio account to new plan

Started by obman, April 22, 2014, 05:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obman

I need help understanding how to convert my existing Anvio SP2 to use the new "Approved Service Provider" basic plan ($40/year).

My current configuration is:

SP1=Google Voice #1 Outgoing calls only
  SP2=Anvio #1           Incoming calls only
  SP3=Anvio #2           Incoming calls only
  SP4=Google Voice #2 Outgoing calls only

I want the following

SP1=Not needed
  SP2=Anvio #1 Basic   Incoming & Outgoing calls using Anvio basic plan
  SP3=Anvio #2           Incoming calls only (no change)
  SP4=Not needed

I don't want to lose the Anvio #1 and Anvio #2 existing phone numbers during the transition!
I see the provisioning at https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/services/itsp?i=anveo&d=1566327, but do not know how to best do this without messing things up.

c3c3

1. Ask customer service to change email #1 to email #3.
2. Sign up new Anveo Basic account with email #1, which will give you a new phone number #1.
3a. Ask customer service to transfer balance from Anveo #3 to Anveo #1.  I have done this myself.
3b. Ask customer service to transfer phone number from Anveo #3 and replace the one in Anveo #1.  I have *NOT* done this myself, so you should check with Anveo to make sure this can be done.

sogood

I just went through this process.  Customer service is able to  the phone number from my existing account to new account. The downside is that they can't transfer contact and call flow.  So I need to transfer the call flow and contact myself.  call flow can be saved and reload.  I need to upload the vmail greeting   

For some weird reason, the contact can only be saved as .xls but import can only work in .csv.  So I need to convert the .xls to .csv in order to import again.  The import process lost the group information so I need to do it by hand.  (I could split the .csv into group and import one group at a time.  But i don't have that many contact. so either way is fine)

c3c3

Other people have reported that Anveo can now convert an existing standard account to Obitalk account during the sign up process, so all these account movements may no longer be needed.

Drakon

Quote from: c3c3 on May 11, 2014, 08:10:43 PM
Other people have reported that Anveo can now convert an existing standard account to Obitalk account during the sign up process, so all these account movements may no longer be needed.

This is true. I just set mine up yesterday. Went from the Anveo FREE to the Anveo Basic/ObiTalk Special. Only issues I had was I set it for SP1 to replace my Google Voice and the auto provision didn't actually set it as the primary outgoing line although the check box was check. I tried a couple times. So I had t go in to the Device Configuration from the dashboard and check off the box for "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" and "Voicemail Notification". After that everything worked fine.

obman

I started this thread on April 22, and currently the process is still in purgatory.  I signed up for the basic plan as a separate account, because they said they couldn't mix my existing accounts with the new plan!.  The solution to my original problem was simple, just have the CID for my outgoing calls assigned to one of my existing numbers.  Wished that I had known how to change an existing account into a basic plan as stated by c3c3.

However, now I am unable to sign into my account.  Something about you can't create an account with the same email address!  The issue is still not resolved after many weeks of trying!

If someone at Anveo is listening, ticket #C5415242 has not been responded to since 5/11.  The total lack of customer support at Anveo is frustrating >:(