News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to record a greeting with Anveo through Obi: error 404

Started by glb1945, March 26, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glb1945

I saw a similar post to a problem that I'm now having, I've tried the suggestions offered in response - with no luck.  Since this was an old post I thought best to open a new topic.

I have an OBi100 device with Anveo, which is on SP1.  GV is on SP2.  I want to record a personal greeting announcement for incoming calls.    I tried dialing *123, but the message I get is "The number you dialed *12 was rejected.  Reason is 404."

So, I'm stuck.  I read posts and documentation about changing star codes, but couldn't make changes or add a new line in any of the star code fields.  In addition, I'm really new to this new telephony; therefore, I'm cautious about changing anything in coding fields.   

Can anybody tell me how I can add a personal greeting?  Thank you!

MikeHObi

Quote from: glb1945 on March 26, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

From what I could determine you can not record a greeting by using your phone.  You must record to a computer into a format that they support and then upload it using the configuration of voice mail on Anveo.

Now to dial the special Anveo numbers like *99 you must modify your outbound call route to allow that number to be sent.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: MikeHObi on March 26, 2014, 07:13:48 PM
Quote from: glb1945 on March 26, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

From what I could determine you can not record a greeting by using your phone.  You must record to a computer into a format that they support and then upload it using the configuration of voice mail on Anveo.

Now to dial the special Anveo numbers like *99 you must modify your outbound call route to allow that number to be sent.

I have Anveo, but on sp2, and an Obi200; I can dial *123 to change my message.  So it can be done.  I was also able to do it back when I had an Obi110, in a different way - I believe I simply added it into the outgoing call route, along with *97, something like "{911:sp2},{933:sp2},{*123:sp2},{*97:sp2},...".  My default outgoing call route is via sp1, but I have E911 through Anveo, so it's routed via sp2.   However, I no longer have the Obi110, so I can't check.

But for the Obi200, that didn't work, and I had to add it to the star codes.  I added this code to the end of the list for Profile A (remember, Anveo is sp2 for me):
*123(<sp2(*123)>), Record Greeting, call($Code)

Note to OP, if you're still trying to do this, and you read this - you need to uncheck the default checkbox before making a change, which is common to all changes on the Anveos; perhaps that's why you were unable to change the field?

Gwyllem

I just use the US English female recording and type my name in the dialogue box.  It sounds kind of funky but it works. ;)

AlanB

Like Marty, I also had to add the *123 to the star codes.  Works great.