News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Have OBi110, Want to call Poland for cheap

Started by js25071, September 03, 2014, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js25071

Hello, for the past few years I was calling Poland using Google Voice for $0.02/minute.  Since this option is no longer available I was wondering if anyone has similarly cheap/free options available.

RFord

What do you mean by "this option is no longer available"?  I just check the Google Voice rates to Poland and they are as shown below:

Please note: Rates may change at any time.
Country/Region   Rate per minute USD
Poland - Landline   2¢
Poland - Mobile   10¢
Poland - Mobile - Polsat   19¢
Poland - Special Services   70¢

The above shows the landline rate as 0.02 cents, so I curious why you say it is no longer available.  Are you saying you no longer use GV?

Quote from: js25071 on September 03, 2014, 05:02:52 PM
Hello, for the past few years I was calling Poland using Google Voice for $0.02/minute.  Since this option is no longer available I was wondering if anyone has similarly cheap/free options available.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello js25071,
My name is Sam and I am from CircleNet, with that disclaimer out there I'd like to recommend our Poland route. One of my friends and an early test of CircleNet is Polish and him being able to talk to his mother was one of our first goals :-). Our land line rates are under $0.015.

To see all of our rates go ahead and plug your numbers into the rate simulator
https://customer.circlenet.us/customer/rates.php

Sam

depaulbluedemon

Hello,

I call Poland myself. Google Voice is currently working with Obihai devices! Found out by accident this morning, when my PhonePower account was giving me trouble. You have to update your Obi110 firmware and then reconnect your Google Voice account. Just log in to you Dashboard. Google Voice is working again! 2¢ a minute to Poland, just tried it this morning again.

mykmayk

localphone:

Landlines   1¢
OLO   1.2¢
Mobiles (Centernet, Era GSM, MNI, Orange, Play, Plus GSM)   2.4¢
Polsat, All Other Mobiles   4¢
Special Services   1.3¢
əʞɪɯ mɪke