News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward to (SIP/IP)?

Started by clyde_story, September 17, 2014, 08:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clyde_story

New to obi and would like to forward my old nettalk until it runs out, they want my "Forward to (SIP/IP)" Format  (SIP/*2345678234@192.168.1.1) is that my obi # (fewer #'s than the example) and the internal ip of my obi200?

clyde_story

Guess not "invalid destination" anyone now the valid dest?

cluckercreek

NetTALK's SIP feature hasn't worked in a long time. It is their problem and not the Obi's. My NT service runs out next month and I've started the port to Ring.to since it is free.

drgeoff

Quote from: clyde_story on September 17, 2014, 08:19:22 PM
New to obi and would like to forward my old nettalk until it runs out, they want my "Forward to (SIP/IP)" Format  (SIP/*2345678234@192.168.1.1) is that my obi # (fewer #'s than the example) and the internal ip of my obi200?
No.

I can't comment on the broken nettalk aspect but regarding the SIP/IP part:

1. The OBi will respond to anything in the part before the '@'.

2. Your  internal IP address is not usable on the internet. The part after the '@'  needs to be the public address of your router (its WAN address) possibly followed by a colon and port number.

3.  Port forwarding required on the router.

clyde_story

Quote from: cluckercreek on September 18, 2014, 03:36:32 AM
NetTALK's SIP feature hasn't worked in a long time. It is their problem and not the Obi's. My NT service runs out next month and I've started the port to Ring.to since it is free.

Yup, tried my ddns address (confirmed working) added forwarded port (:5060 udp ) no joy, all invalid, as usual Nettalk SUCKS  good riddance..