News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to check my balance w/ obihai for dialing international calls

Started by YASH, May 31, 2014, 06:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YASH

How to check my obihai balance, to dial international calls ?

and by the way, waht is the rate to dial India, from the USA?
Thx.

gderf

These are not questions for this forum. Only your VoIP service provider can answer them.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

YASH

Quote from: gderf on May 31, 2014, 12:22:26 PM
These are not questions for this forum. Only your VoIP service provider can answer them.

Whatt?

Obi is my voip device
and Google voice is not any  paid service provider for any international rate,
nor  they are charging you any,.. monthly fee,..
nor, they ask yr CC when you opened a GV phone account with them,...  !!

If obi won't answer these questions, who will??

gderf

There is no such thing as an "obihai balance."

Google Voice's International Rates can be seen here: https://www.google.com/voice/rates.

But again, this forum is not the place to get answers to your specific questions.

dircom

Your balance is off!  ;)

mykmayk

Quote from: YASH on May 31, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: gderf on May 31, 2014, 12:22:26 PM

Whatt?

Obi is my voip device
and Google voice is not any  paid service provider for any international rate,
nor  they are charging you any,.. monthly fee,..
nor, they ask yr CC when you opened a GV phone account with them,...  !!

If obi won't answer these questions, who will??

call 411.. then press 0 for operator assistance
if they can't answer your question, no one can
good luck and keep these entertaining questions coming
əʞɪɯ mɪke

MikePA

Quote from: YASH on May 31, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
Obi is my voip device

Exactly, Obi is your voip device, not your voip provider.

When you call 411 to ask about your 'obihai balance', also ask about your 'clue balance'.

YASH

Quote from: gderf on May 31, 2014, 02:05:32 PM
There is no such thing as an "obihai balance."

Google Voice's International Rates can be seen here: https://www.google.com/voice/rates.

But again, this forum is not the place to get answers to your specific questions.

Thanks for the link.

Has anyone yet tried to call any international number - India, China, Japan, sitzerland, Germany,.. ( via obi ) using the  Google Voice? ( to a local landline / cell no. at the other end, and not having an obi device )

1. How do they ( GV ) charge you ? Send you a bill, later?

2. You need to pay them first and have some balance with them, to let you make the phone call?

3. How to and where to contact " google voice " , where you can talk to  a live person?

[ 411 charges  a dollar per call ]

gderf

You have to have put money into your account before you can make non-free Google Voice calls. Log into Google Voice and use the add credit below your Google Voice number.

MikePA

Quote from: YASH on June 01, 2014, 12:01:56 PM
Has anyone yet tried to call any international number - India, China, Japan, sitzerland, Germany,.. ( via obi ) using the  Google Voice? ( to a local landline / cell no. at the other end, and not having an obi device )

1. How do they ( GV ) charge you ? Send you a bill, later?

2. You need to pay them first and have some balance with them, to let you make the phone call?

3. How to and where to contact " google voice " , where you can talk to  a live person?

[ 411 charges  a dollar per call ]

Instead of asking on an Obihai forum, login to your Google Voice account, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, click on Help, all your questions about Google Voice, including international calling, will be answered.

YASH

^^^  Thx all.

^^ I think I found the area, what to do and how to fill the balance into your Google voice account.

1.   go to www.google.com/voice and login with your Google account

2.   In the left column,  at the bottom, in green color where it says,...  your credit is 0.00, there is a "+" sign.  Click that.

3.   it will bring a "10.00" credit button. Press that and put deposit by giving your credit card number.

4.   For India, it charges 2 cents per minute, so, now you have credit in your account  to make a call to India.

I think, while looking on this site,
https://support.google.com/voice/answer/141923?hl=en&ref_topic=1707988

in the right column  " buy the google voice credit " button-link is in grey color and that tells me,  they are in verge of not taking more credits? Perhaps they are closing the GV ( May 15 effects ) and that's why ???

lhm.

MikeHObi

Quote from: YASH on June 01, 2014, 12:37:01 PM
in the right column  " buy the google voice credit " button-link is in grey color and that tells me,  they are in verge of not taking more credits? Perhaps they are closing the GV ( May 15 effects ) and that's why ???

Log into your google voice account.  On the left hand side under your GV number is Credit amount,  probably zero.
Click on the Plus sign to the right of that Zero.
that will take you to a page that has a button on the the Credit word that says Add $10 credit.

Click on that and process the credit card transaction to add the credit to your account.

You then can call international locations that charge for the call.  Calls to Canada and Continental USA are free through Google Voice.  All other have fees that will deduct from your balance.

Google voice support for making and receiving calls is available at this link
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/voice/making-and-receiving-calls
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.