News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is it true that outgoing calls will continue to work after Google shuts off GV?

Started by onepolarbear, May 28, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepolarbear

Is it true that outgoing calls will continue to work after Google shuts off GV?  (or just incoming?) 

I thought I read something like that somewhere in this forum... but can't remember what it said exactly.

Thanks!

N7AS

Inbound calls will still work as long as you forward your GV number to another phone number. For outbound, you will have to find another provider. CircleNet is perfect for that.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

YASH

Quote from: N7AS on May 28, 2014, 01:00:38 PM
Inbound calls will still work as long as you forward your GV number to another phone number. For outbound, you will have to find another provider. CircleNet is perfect for that.

Well,.... the best bet would be,..

instead of buying any service and paying 36+ dollars a year, and onwards the same,..
rather buy an another obi110 ( when ring.to service is free and active ) from e-bay auction
at a seller auction price of around 25-28 dollars

mo832

Quote from: onepolarbear on May 28, 2014, 12:02:31 PM
Is it true that outgoing calls will continue to work after Google shuts off GV?  (or just incoming?) 

I thought I read something like that somewhere in this forum... but can't remember what it said exactly.

Thanks!

Google has not mentioned anything about shutting off GV.

The only thing that is supposedly changing is Obi direct access to GV via XMPP.

Google Voice is still the same as it ever was.
Quote from: N7AS on May 28, 2014, 01:00:38 PM

Also, outbound calls will still work if you use the GV web portal. So that's not going away either.

LonnieMcClure

My experience thus far has been that I can make outgoing calls with no problem. Frankly, if I had to choose, I would have wished for the outgoing to be what stopped.

I found out by accident the other day, however, that the calls are still coming in, they simply don't ring.

I have my Google Voice number forwarded to my cell phone, but I also still have it forwarded to Google Chat (as used for the Obi110). A call with a client yesterday was dropped due to my cellphone's poor reception, so I picked up the phone connected to my Obi110 to call her back, and she was on the line.

To confirm, when she called again later in the day, when my cellphone rang I picked up the non-ringing phone connected to my Obi110 and answered her with no problem.

gderf

If your phone on the OBi isn't ringing something is wrong with your OBi, its configuration, or your phone.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.