December 13, 2017, 12:51:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RingTo Now Available as an OBiTALK Approved Service  (Read 288038 times)
carl

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 09:49:50 pm »

Before anyone signs up for this, make sure you read the fine print.  I was trying to figure out a way around the BS of forcing Anveo on people and saw this:

Not that many people call 911 that often, but do you really want to find out the hard way that your 3 year old dialed 911 6 times?

As an Emergency Medical Dispatcher, I find this limitation despicable, at best.

What do you expect when you fish on the bottom of the barrel? Pay a couple of dollars every month and get a decent provider.
Taoman

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 06:03:37 am »

Before anyone signs up for this, make sure you read the fine print.  I was trying to figure out a way around the BS of forcing Anveo on people and saw this:

Not that many people call 911 that often, but do you really want to find out the hard way that your 3 year old dialed 911 6 times?

Wow. I've never heard of such a thing. So what happens if you have a medical emergency and you dial 911 for the 6th time in one 1 year? Does it just not go through? Some people have chronic medical conditions and some do end up calling 911 more than 5 times a year. That's a lawsuit just waiting to happen. Extraordinary.
Taoman

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 06:12:05 am »

What do you expect when you fish on the bottom of the barrel? Pay a couple of dollars every month and get a decent provider.

I see. And you consider Anveo to be a "bottom of the barrel" VoIP provider?
rolandh

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 07:33:43 am »

I'm experimenting with the RingTo service and it is exactly that an experiment. One probably shouldn't rely on it as a primary telephone line at this point. That said, it has been relatively stable for me and it is free.

Regarding the required Anveo 911 service, my understanding is that after 5 emergency calls it would be an additional $12-$15 to continue service. In other words your $12-$15 gets you one year of service or 5 emergency calls, whichever comes first. Should you use 5 calls first you'd be paying Anveo again before the year is up.

I would prefer to use Callcentric for 911 service, however, OBiHai has chosen to require Anveo as the emergency service provider presumably for its own business reasons. Still $12-$15 or somewhat more if needed seems fairly reasonable for otherwise free domestic calling.
Marc

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 06:00:10 pm »

Whether you consider ring.to, anveo, obi, or something else bottom of the barrel, you can't get any lower a human being than one who claims to want to make sure you have 911 service but doesn't care if you die bc you've over used it in their opinion.  Even prisoners on death row don't have a maximum number of times they can be seen in the infirmary.  Ring.to and OBi are playing with fire and fire always finds a way to burn.

OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi202 x 14, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 3
carl

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 06:39:47 pm »

Anveo is definitely not the bottom of the barrel- though NOT my favorite provider. However, if I wanted to sign up for Anveo( which I do not want to), I would choose their regular plan independent from Obi.
Wilbour

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:46 am »

Tried using the Obi Talk Portal but my 110 states there is a firmware update required and its offline. Funny because it works just fine using my voip.

I keep rebooting the unit and refreshing my webpage with no success.

CLTGreg

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:59 pm »

I love Anveo for the call flow. They certainly are obtuse as far as support. If there E911 limits concerns you then think about finding the emergency # for your 911 service and put it in a speed dial. After you do that write your address on a sheet of paper and paste it to every extension so you can tell the 911 folks where you live since they won't be able to determine the address automatically.

And a side note for those that are mad that Google is approved. I'll stick with Anveo prepaid but may go with the smallest minute bucket in the future. That gets you E911 and Name caller-id with quality VOIP to boot.

Anveo is definitely not the bottom of the barrel- though NOT my favorite provider. However, if I wanted to sign up for Anveo( which I do not want to), I would choose their regular plan independent from Obi.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: