News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 - Have VestaLink working, also want to get GV

Started by Manofleisure, March 18, 2015, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manofleisure

I have an OBI202.  I have Vestalink setup and working fine on phone 1.  I wish to setup a Google Voice number on Phone 2.  I have been very unsuccessful.  Currently both Phone 1 and 2 phone jacks are give me the Vestalink number.  

Will someone be kind enough to help me figure out what to do get one of the phone jacks working with my Google voice account?  Thanks in advance.  

dircom

Are you using Obitalk to manage your service?
What do you mean by "Currently both Phone 1 and 2 phone jacks are give me the Vestalink number."?

azrobert

Assuming Vestalink is on SP1 and GV is defined on SP2.

If you want Vestalink to only ring Phone1 and GV only ring Phone2:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph2

Use OBi Expert to make these changes.

I suspect you have a GV setup problem and inbound calls are not reaching the OBi.
Follow SteveInWa's setup instructions here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Manofleisure

Quote from: dircom on March 18, 2015, 10:27:45 AM
Are you using Obitalk to manage your service?
What do you mean by "Currently both Phone 1 and 2 phone jacks are give me the Vestalink number."?

Thank you for responding.  Sorry about not being clear enough.  What I mean is that when I bought the OBI202 in 2013, I had two different GV numbers associated with it and was able to plug in two different landline phones.  By saying phone 1 and phone 2, I was referring to the phone line jacks on the back of the OBI202. 

When the word came that GV would no longer work, I got a Vestalink account and used that as a single landline.  Now that I understand GV is still accessible, I was trying to get a GV line to work with the 2nd phone jack on the back of the OBI202.  I hope to have one phone plugged in using the Vestalink account (until it expires next month) and the 2nd phone jack work with GV.

Manofleisure

Quote from: azrobert on March 18, 2015, 10:39:44 AM
Assuming Vestalink is on SP1 and GV is defined on SP2.

If you want Vestalink to only ring Phone1 and GV only ring Phone2:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph2

Use OBi Expert to make these changes.

I suspect you have a GV setup problem and inbound calls are not reaching the OBi.
Follow SteveInWa's setup instructions here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Thanks you also for taking the time to reply.

I think you may be right about my GV setup.  I read the link you provided and tried to follow all the instructions.  (I had no known about reverting back to the old Google Chat from Hangouts).  I am still having the problem of "service not configured" everytime I try to setup GV. 

I have not yet deleted Vestalink completely off the OBI202.  Do I need to do that to use GV again?