News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 & Obiwifi

Started by Simone, June 09, 2014, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simone

Hi,
I have to set up the ip phone in my flat using the WiFI connection of the flat just aside mine.
I can not use wires.
I want to use one OBI200 & OBI WIFI but:
- I am in italy
- my VoIP provider is an Italian provider
My VoIP provider works well with all SIP standart software.
You think that I can use this combination of OBI product to transorm my tradizional phone in a IP phone?
Thank you and escuse for my poor english.

Simone

drgeoff

Please do not make duplicate posts.

WelshPaul

Quote from: Simone on June 09, 2014, 01:23:25 PM
Hi,
I have to set up the ip phone in my flat using the WiFI connection of the flat just aside mine.
I can not use wires.

I hope you have permission? Otherwise this is theft of service and here in the UK you can get prosecuted for using someone else's WiFi without their consent. Not sure what the laws are in Italy but even if there is no law it is morally wrong!

I want to use one OBI200 & OBI WIFI but:
- I am in italy
- my VoIP provider is an Italian provider
My VoIP provider works well with all SIP standart software.
You think that I can use this combination of OBI product to transorm my tradizional phone in a IP phone?
Thank you and escuse for my poor english.

Simone

Being in Italy and using an Italian VoIP provider will not have any relevance on whether or not the OBiWiFi dongle will work or not. The OBI200 & OBI WIFI will work just fine in Italy.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

drgeoff

Quote from: WelshPaul on June 21, 2014, 09:02:49 AM
Hi,
I can not use wires.

I hope you have permission? Otherwise this is theft of service and here in the UK you can get prosecuted for using someone else's WiFi without their consent. Not sure what the laws are in Italy but even if there is no law it is morally wrong!
I already hinted strongly at all that in my reply to his duplicate question at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8217.0