News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK online web portal verses OBi110 web page

Started by babobi, June 22, 2014, 01:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babobi

Which option is better generally? Using the OBiTALK online web portal OR the OBi110 web page? I'm setting up an Obi 110 now in my apartment but the unit will eventually be used in a remote location in another city that I can't always access locally. Do I even have the option to continue using the OBI110 web page if the physical location of the unit is in another city? Or must I use the web portal? Thanks!

MikePA

Quote from: babobi on June 22, 2014, 01:57:56 AM
...the unit will eventually be used in a remote location in another city that I can't always access locally.
Will you or won't you have local access? If you do, use the local web page. If not, use Obitalk.

babobi

Thanks MikePA. Do you know if I can use BOTH OBiTALK online web portal AND the OBi110 web page, depending on if I am near the physical location of the Obi 110? Or is it better to just stick with OBiTALK online web portal ALL the time? Do I run the risk of overriding or undoing certain features if I use both? Thanks again for your time.

N7AS

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Shale

OBiTalk is easier. The great majority use that.

I if you wanted to look at the call history, you would do that via the local interface. But for making changes, do that with OBiTalk.