News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric outgoing caller Id and checking Google Voice voicemail from my phone

Started by dwestall, June 19, 2014, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwestall

I have the OBi100 with Google Voice on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2. GV has been my primary service for outgoing calls and CC for 911 and incoming calls (my GV account fwds to my CC number). This setup works well.

With Google ending support of XMPP, I decided to change my "PrimaryLine" in the Obi setup to SP2 so now all my outgoing calls go through CC. This works except I'm having 2 problems:

1) My cellphone shows as "Unknown" caller when receiving a call from my Obi line now. I have the GV# setup as a contact on my phone and previously when my outbound calls went through GV, my phone could correctly identify the incoming caller Id. I registered my GV# with CC so I could use it for outbound caller Id. I even tried switching back to the CC# but that didn't work either.

2) Checking my GV Voicemail by calling my GV# from my Obi line, I get nothing after I dial. This worked fine when outbound calls went through GV.

Thanks for any help.
dw

gderf

You can not call your GV number from a non GV phone that identifies itself with the same GV number. This is a well known limitation and has been discussed here many times.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

dwestall

I did search the forums before posting, but never found anything helpful. Now that I understand the problem though I was able to located some related discussions.

In case anyone runs across this looking for help I found this thread to be useful for the GV voicemail issue: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8108.0

Still not sure why my cellphone shows "unknown" caller from my CC Obi line.

DrJay

Here's how I solved the GV voicemail problem:

1. I got another (free) outbound number from CallCentric.

2. The second number is registered as SP4 on my OBi.

3. On my home phone I programmed the Voicemail Access number (which is really just a speed dial number on a soft key that goes active when I have a new message) as **4[my GV number] so that the call goes out on my 2nd CallCentric line.

4. I added my second CallCentric number to my GV account (on the Phones tab in GV Settings) so that I could set it up to go right into voicemail without having to enter a PIN.

5. Since I never give out this 2nd CC number, any inbound calls would be a wrong number or a telemarketer. I added a Call Treatment to that line on the CC site that sends all calls to a "number out of service" message.

Done.