News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help configuring SIP for RingCentral

Started by ehammett, May 07, 2011, 12:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehammett

??? Trying to configure Obi110 with RingCentral SIP settings but keep getting a Register Failed: 401. Here are the settings I have from RingCentral:

SIP Domain:sip.ringcentral.com:5060
Outbound Proxy:sip.ringcentral.com:5090
User Name:12814567890
Password:xxxx123
Authorization ID:xxxx123

obi-support2

401 indicates either userid or password may be incorrect.
Please double check those settings.

I do not know what Authorization ID is; since you masked it I assume it is
some sort of password. There can be only 1 correct password to configure
in the OBi.
OBIHAI Support Staff

RCIadmin

I'm trying the same thing, but with an Obi100.

I have the advantage that I HAD a Sipura SPA2102 set up to talk to the RingCentral Service, and I have detailed screen capture.

This set of fields is from the Cisco Linksys PAP2T NA (AKA Sipura SPA2102)
Subscriber Information
Display Name: "RALSTON CONSULTING INC"
User ID: 15555551212 (our phone number)
Password: ************* (same as Authentication ID)
Use Auth ID: yes
Auth ID: *******  (same as Password)

Mini Certificate: -blank-
SRTP Private Key: -blank-

Does that give any clue to the equivalent field on the Obi100?

Best,

Gary

RonR

Assuming you want to put RingCentral on SP1/ITSPA, the following minimal configuration should get you going starting with everything set at Default:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A ->  General -> Name : RingCentral

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.ringcentral.com

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : (if required)

Voice Services -> SP1 -> AuthUserName : (your assigned username)

Voice Services -> SP1 -> AuthPassword : (your assigned password)

Voice Services -> SP1 -> CallerIDName : RALSTON CONSULTING INC

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

After a reboot, look to see if you have SIP registration:

Status -> SP1 Service Status -> Status : Registered (server=w.x.y.z:5060; expire in xxxs)

lhm.

Ring Central will only allow one connection and mac address per digital line user name and password.

RCIadmin

I stumbled across an answer that works even in ObiTalk:

To use ringcentral with the obi100, use the following settings:

In the digital line config, choose generic sip device

In ObiTalk, configure one of the services.

ProxyServer: sip.ringcentral.com
Port 5060
OutboundProxy sip.ringcentral.com
Port 5090

Username: use ringcentral authid
Pw: password (same as authid
Uid: your phone number in the following form: 15555551212
Reboot your device. I used the phone ivr: off hook; ***; 9; 1

Voilá! VoIP!

Lavarock7

As an aside: After much looking, it appears some of us are unable to access RingCentral externally except through their PC App.

Some of us signed up in 2005 for their free "demo" account and were given a telephone number and the ability to send the calls to voicemail. Later, as people began using the service, they were given real "userid"'s and the demo accounts were stopped. However, we were allowed to continue to use the accounts being grandfathered.

So I have an account with no userid and no monthly charge. Any calls come in, they can go to the PC application or to voicemail. If to voicemail, I can get a email with the voicemail attached or log in and listen to the message.

So what good is this if I can't dial out? Well I use it as the contact number for all of me internet domains. The spammers call it and I don't have to answer any telephone ringing. besides, we are only "supposed" to have 1 GoogleVoice number :-)
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

CrashFender

I've just completed the setup of an OBI202, which was unable to auto provision using RingCentral.  I used the following:

Ring Central              OBI

Username           -->      URI
Password            -->      AuthPassword
Authorization ID  -->      AuthUserName

These settings are located under Voice Services - SIP1 Services (assuming you're configuring SIP 1). 

You will also need to configure the Proxy Server and Outbound Proxy Server using the settings provided by Ring Central, but those are very clear in their naming.  They're under Service Providers - ITSP Profile A - SIP.

Lastly, if you tried auto provisioning using Ring Central prior to manual settings you'll need to make sure you disable it, or at least reset the Configure URL to default, or it will continually overwrite your settings.  I recommend disabling.