News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo - Beware coverage (and no refund)

Started by HarpsichordMan, June 26, 2014, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarpsichordMan

In the switch from GV, I selected Anveo, mostly based upon price, since I needed phone service for a 2nd home. Tried to place a couple of calls to a # in a moderate size town in Wisconsin. Kept getting a busy. Finally opened a trouble ticket and was told that Anveo does not service that #! Nowhere does Anveo, during the signup process, indicate that they do not service all #s in the U.S. When I requested a refund, I was told that I was beyond the 30 days for a refund on an annual plan and nothing was available. Guess they figure it is up to the customer to call every # they might want to connect with in the first 30 days!

I have no idea how a consumer can deal with a company that cannot route to all #s but I am leaving them ASAP and letting others know that they should beware this company and their questionable practices (and lack of service).

PeteMoss

sailing

I believe the only way to pay Anveo is through Paypal. Some previous posts indicated they got results from filing a complaint with paypal but I would wait until you port your number away from Anveo. At that point, you have nothing to loose.

Denis-Forum

I agree with your comment and reaction. Your experience is the same as I reported in:
"ANVEO cannot reach all US numbers"
I have since had a response from ANVEO to my Support Ticket:
"Unfortunately we cannot deliver calls to this phone number"
This is not true. They can but decide not to. Every other supplier can.
ObiHai should warn people of this limitation when they offer ANVEO as a preferred Provider.

RFC3261

Quote from: HarpsichordMan on June 26, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
In the switch from GV, I selected Anveo, mostly based upon price, since I needed phone service for a 2nd home. Tried to place a couple of calls to a # in a moderate size town in Wisconsin. Kept getting a busy. Finally opened a trouble ticket and was told that Anveo does not service that #! Nowhere does Anveo, during the signup process, indicate that they do not service all #s in the U.S. When I requested a refund, I was told that I was beyond the 30 days for a refund on an annual plan and nothing was available. Guess they figure it is up to the customer to call every # they might want to connect with in the first 30 days!

I have no idea how a consumer can deal with a company that cannot route to all #s but I am leaving them ASAP and letting others know that they should beware this company and their questionable practices (and lack of service).

At the end of 2013, the FCC issued some new rules in an attempt to address call completion issues at some (often rural) exchanges.  While one should first contact the provider, if one does not get satisfaction one should contact the FCC if the provider is not providing call completion (the FCC form is at https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000.action?form_type=2000B ).  The FCC has taken call completion seriously.