News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet DID special for Obi users

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, June 15, 2014, 05:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello Obi community,
CricleNet has made the decision to expand our DID program nation wide. We will now provide CircleNet customers anywhere inbound DIDs for $2.25 per month + .002 per minute with 911 included.  We think these rates are ideal for heavy users.

To make this a little more awesome for Obi users you can signup now and we won't charge the monthly fee until the 1st of July. So you get 2 weeks to test it paying just the inbound fee if you aren't happy open a ticket with us and let us know you'd like to cancel it before the 1st and you won't be billed the monthly. This offer is only for Obi users and please give us up to 48 hours to provision your number, this is a new process for us and we are working on the automation.

If you have a United States address there are a few catches here and they aren't our ideas... The various state tax authorities each have their own rules and taxes will vary from state to state. So please ask us about your specific state and we'll research it for you. (This process may take a while and we don't like it either!).

Thanks!
Sam

vtsnaab

A user testimonial of sorts...:
My S.O. is using CircleNet with their DID offer for both inbound & outbound on an Android phone via Wifi only - and she is thrilled with it thus far.
It seems to be fully reliable and the sound quality is excellent.
(I have an Obi110 and am also a CircleNet user but only for outbound at this time until/unless my Obi stops working with GV...and I am also quite happy with the quality & reliability of CircleNet.)

A side note worthy of mention IMO:
There does not appear to be any provision for voicemail with the CircleNet DID, so what I did with her phone was to forward her GV number to the CircleNet DID - thus gaining the use of the GV VM.

There is also no SMS feature with the CircleNet services, so...
Since her phone is not using any cellular carrier at all, using some clever Android tricks I was able to find via searching, her phone now uses Acrobits as the default dialer and GV as the default SMS provider - and all 100% via Wifi - but the backbone which holds all this together is the really good phone service from CircleNet and we both recommend it quite highly.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Thanks vtsnaab :-).. We try and it's good to hear that it's appreciated.
Sam  ;D ;D

Sam_from_CircleNet

CircleNet would like to introduce our new inbound UK numbers, you can now get UK DIDs on our service for the same $2.25 + $0.002 per minute that we charge for Canadian and US numbers.

Also this weekend we're running an Obitalk special, if you are outside of the US and sign up for a Canadian or UK DID before 12 noon EST Sunday we'll waive the first 3 months monthly fee and only charge the $.002 per minute fee!

Also as a special thank you to the Obi members that signed up early and helped us test out our DID service you guys will all get to keep your DIDs without having to pay per month fees for 3 months as well.... Your welcome! ::)

drgeoff

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on June 27, 2014, 10:15:22 AM
CircleNet would like to introduce our new inbound UK numbers, you can now get UK DIDs on our service for the same $2.25 + $0.002 per minute that we charge for Canadian and US numbers.
All well and good but at least one ITSP (eg sipgate.co.uk) provides zero cost UK DIDs (no monthly and no per minute charges.)

Sam_from_CircleNet

Yep, I'm not going to be able to match $0.00 in a pricing contest.

Sam