News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

answering message

Started by reltub, June 30, 2014, 04:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reltub

How can I set up an answering message for missed calls? I have looked at the user manual and these fora, but I can't seem to find anything. Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology.

I recall recording and uploading messages to my obi202 when I first got it, but I can not find those options any longer, and the device has been hard reset more than once.

edit: after further thought, this might only be possible on the service provider's side. I use vestalink, fwiw.

drgeoff

If you mean "How can I configure the OBi to answer calls and record a message spoken by the caller?", the answer is "You can't".

If you mean "How can I replace the default prompts spoken by the AA" then see http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543048.

reltub

DrGeoff, I know the obi does not provide an answering service.

At the moment, a call that is not picked up is routed to vestalink's answering service,
where the caller hears some generic message, before being given the option to
record a message.

Am I forced to try to change that message on vestalink? If so, how? If not, how could it be done via the AA?

dircom

If you have vestalink, then, there are forums at vestalink to help out.

reltub

Quote from: dircom on June 30, 2014, 04:21:53 PM
If you know Obi does not have an answering service, then I don't understand, why you don't understand, that you need to go to your provider to make changes.

I can't say why you don't understand something. For me, I know that there are often clever ways to do things which the Obi isn't able to do out of the box. I was hoping that was the case here. Evidently not.

If you have vestalink, then, there are forums at vestalink to help out.

The answer I found is here
https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1426991-record-a-personal-greeting