News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 no line.

Started by MikeNewcomb, July 03, 2014, 03:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeNewcomb

I use google voice. Today, it stopped working by acting like there is no line. My phone does not get a dial tone when I pick it up.

Obitalk dashboard says my Google Voice Account is connected, however, if I log into the Obi, it says the obi talk service status is 'Normal (User Mode)'. Earlier, it was saying 'Backing Off' and 'Backing Off (TCP)'...

The PHONE status says:

Port Status
Parameter Name   Phone Port Status
State                           On Hook
LoopCurrent           0 mA
VBAT                        0 V (12.0 V)
TipRingVoltage           0 V

I'm thinking that PHONE port is bad? Should it read all zeros?

Usetheforceobiwan

Have you tested your phone?  Although rare, could be a problem with your phone in particular if its cordless.  Just a suggestion.

drgeoff

The two '0v' readings are indeed a concern and I don't think a faulty phone or cord could cause that and a zero loop current. But easy to check by seeing if they change by unplugging the phone and reloading the page.

Try unplugging the power to the OBi for 15 seconds.

MikeNewcomb

I've unplugged my obi several times. Still showing 'no line' as far as my alarm and phone are concerned. This is the 2nd obi that has failed in some way now... the first just went to a solid red light on the power and now this one has died on the phone side...