News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call waiting - how to hang up?

Started by AndyJ, May 08, 2011, 09:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyJ

I can't seem to figure out how to actually hang up on a call when more than one call is active. For instance:
(1) I make an outbound call using SP1 (configured for Google Voice)
(2) An incoming call arrives at the LINE port. I get the call waiting tone and flash to switch to that call.
(3) I flash to switch between the two calls a few times (works fine)
(4) I want to end the outbound call on SP1 while continuing the call on the LINE port - is there a way to do this?

If I hang up the phone, it looks like the OBi attempts a call transfer (call history shows "Call Transferred") - connecting LINE and SP1. But, that doesn't seem to actually work... the caller on the LINE port just hears dead silence, but the call remains active (according to the "Call Status" page) until the caller on LINE hangs up. [And, really, in this case, I DON'T want the call to be transferred.]

RonR

I get the exact same results from the scenario you described.

1. I would expect a transfer only if I had placed an outgoing call as the second call with the first one on hold.

2. 1 would expect a ring for the holding call after hanging up on the either call in a call waiting situation.

AndyJ

Exactly... based on how PSTN call waiting works, after hanging up on SP1, I was expecting the phone to ring and then be reconnected to LINE after picking up. I was pretty surprised to see "Call Transferred" in the history, with no way to reconnect with LINE. It looks like this is something else that needs to be fixed.

obi-support2

Your expectation is correct.

We have a bug. A fix is on the way.
We plan to post a new release this week which will include this fix.
Thanks for reporting this issue.

----

Release 1.2.1(2283) has been posted. This release includes a fix to this problem.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

AndyJ

Thanks! It works fine after the firmware upgrade  :)

ProfTech

This is not exactly fixed. I am running build 2286 and still seeing a similar anomaly. I do not want to use Call transfer at all so I have the box "Transfer enabled" un-checked. However, when I try to do a conference call I get similar results to your original tests with call waiting. I don't always get the same result, though sometimes I just get disconnected when I press flash. In any case, after some trial and error I discovered that the Obi always bridges the call when I hang up, even with the "call transfer enabled" box un-checked. With Callcentric this causes issues because they charge you for call #2 as long as the Obi keeps the call bridged, even if the line has gone dead for the callee. I found a work around by checking the box "UseRefer". Callcentric does not allow this so as soon as I hang up and the Obi tries to transfer, call #2 is dropped and I get the ring on my phone telling me call #1 is on hold. Sort of a fix, but the Obi shouldn't bridge the lines if Call transfer is clear. If I hang up it should simply drop both calls.