News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA callback not hanging up

Started by JackSpratt, July 02, 2014, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSpratt

Hi,

I have the AA on my Obi100 set up so I can call my Sipgate DID on sp2, hangup before answer and receive a callback, then use option 2 with a PIN to make a call out through CircleNet on vg3.

Everything works well apart from the AA not releasing the call when I hang up on a call from a landline.

Looking at the Call Status it seems both ends of the call remain connect for several minutes after hanging up.

Does anyone know if there is any way I can force the AA to end the call on hang up.

Many thanks.

JackSpratt

Found a solution in case anyone finds a landline call being held by the AA callback despite hanging up the phone.

In the UK, only the call initiator, in this case the AA, can release the call. This is a problem if you use the AA callback from a landline to call, say, a recorded announcement or have a no reply call and hang up. The call will be held and you will continue to be charged.

The solution is to press the recall button, dial 3, then hang up.
The phone will ring six times, after which the incoming AA call will be dropped.