News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple calls on one line

Started by Customer_Number_1_Million, July 28, 2014, 08:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Customer_Number_1_Million

Hello OBiTalkers,

I have question regarding the mechanics of the VoIP services. I am not savvy when it comes to phone networking and such so please excuse me if what I say sounds outlandish. The scenario is that the secretary is on the phone. Another customer rings up the office and what I am wondering if it is possible is to not only have that call ring up in another one of the phones but also answer that call and leave the conversation between the secretary and the customer uninterrupted. Do we have to add another line and have some sort of routing procedure or is it possible with just one line?

Sorry if this makes no sense  ???

Regards,

drgeoff

Quote from: drgeoff on July 28, 2014, 12:00:34 PM
Like, for example, http://www.callcentric.com/faq/35#358 ?

I guess an extension would work for the purpose right? As in some one has a call on the main phone line, and if that line is busy the next call would go to another extension right?

EDIT: and what VoIP service would you recommend for an office of 4 people?

drgeoff

Quote from: Customer_Number_1_Million on July 28, 2014, 12:11:35 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on July 28, 2014, 12:00:34 PM
Like, for example, http://www.callcentric.com/faq/35#358 ?

I guess an extension would work for the purpose right? As in some one has a call on the main phone line, and if that line is busy the next call would go to another extension right?

EDIT: and what VoIP service would you recommend for an office of 4 people?
The only thing I know about Callcentric's sub-accounts is what I read on their web-site.

I'm in the UK and don't use any of the US-centric VoIP services on a regular basis.  And my use is purely residential.  So I cannot make any meaningful recommendation.