News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding

Started by bigbear216, July 28, 2014, 11:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbear216

I am trying to have calls forward to a cell phone number when there is no answer or when the phone is busy. I have settings configured to enable both features, for SP2 only, but not unconditional forwarding.  I have typed in the number to forward to as 1317xxxxxxx 

I have also tried using *60 and *62 to activate these features, but when I get a call, it rings 4 times and hangs up instead of forwarding. What am I missing? Does anybody know?

drgeoff

When the OBi forwards a call it has to come in to the OBi and go out again.  That means it has an incoming call and an outgoing call running at the same time.  What SP is it trying to use for the outgoing call?

bigbear216

Thank you for replying Sir. I am in Voice Services > SP2 service > Calling Features for SP2.  Are you saying that I need to program the outgoing call into a different SP than the one being used for the incoming call?   The call is coming in on SP2, so I had set the forwarding to happen on SP2, but I do not see anywhere in this menu a place to specify what SP to use for an outgoing call. Please explain what else I should set up. Thanks

azrobert

To see what's happening look at the call history.
Click Status then Click Call History.

To force the call forward out SP2 code the number like:
sp2(13172257028)

BigJim_McD

The following works on my Obi110 to Call Forward my basic POTS
Line that has "No Features" to one of my VoIP phone numbers. 

The same method should work in one of the "SPx" profiles to route
incoming calls from a VoIP provider to another phone number.

Obi110  LINE Port {in OBiTalk Expert Mode}

InboundCallRoute      {sp2(1987654321)}

Notes: 
>  The "InboundCallRoute" is configured with the Call Forward entry
     on the "spX" port that the call will come in on {Line, sp1 or sp2}.
>  The "spX" port used for the Forwarded Outgoing Call requires a
     valid VoIP service provider configuration.
>  The incoming call is on a "spX" port different from the "spX" port that
     will handle the outgoing forwarded call.

On my Obi110, I have the following configured.
>  LINE Port  =  Basic POTS Line {NO Features}
>  sp1  =  VoIP.ms
>  sp2  =  Google Voice
BigJimMcD

drgeoff

@BigJim_McD
I believe your configuration is acting as an unconditional forward.  If correct, that is not what the OP is asking for.

I've never done any call forwarding with my Obi and am loathe to post settings in which I have no confidence.

However I assume that when the forwarding is "under Obi's control" the number is "dialled" as if from the PHONE port or the AA.  But which one?  And that the relevant Digit Map, OutboundCallRoute, PrimaryLine processing will be applied to determine the SP and number called.

Please can someone who has this working confirm or correct.